NEED to learn to drive! Help!

(1 Post)
Twine88 Sat 23-May-15 13:17:53

So, I need to learn to drive, I really have no interest in it, but DH works away from home and I know it will be great to be able to get out and do more with the kids. Plus, I will need to start job hunting soon and being able to drive will expand my search (in distance to travel to/from - not jobs that require a license.)

I lived in London for years, so never felt the need to learn, but did have some lessons and it was horrendous, I was never super confident about it, and after being on the recieving end of road rage I gave up. I plan on learning in automatic as I just want it as easy as possible, I wont be driving for the sheer enjoyment of it.

I'm in my late 30's and worried I have left it too late. I am really not confident about it and as I would be driving my kids I absolutely want to have that confidence. Any advice?

Also, any thoughts on how many lessons on average people have? I think its going to get pricey!

Please reassure me that its not going to be all that bad..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now