A little Mornington Crescent - anyone care to join in?

(1000 Posts)
OverAndAbove Thu 24-Oct-13 21:35:49

I just fancy a change of focus.

I'll jump right in with Great Portland Street - I think I'm entitled to do that, with it being beyond the autumn equinox, but before Halloween?

Any takers?

BelleOfTheBorstal Thu 24-Oct-13 22:48:51

Hmmmn, Balham as a tight counter to Sloane Square. It works because of the timing under the '1852 Ideal Rules' what with it being that time of night.

sapfu Thu 24-Oct-13 22:54:07

I despair. We're all going to hell in a handcart. What is the point of rules if no one is going to stick to them.

Fuck it.

Cyprus.

Clayhanger Thu 24-Oct-13 22:58:56

Look. I don 't want to raise the temperature here, but what's got into you all? Was the Crickhowell amendment (para 5) all in vain? It's time for the corkscrew move to Finsbury Park.

ofcoursethisisanamechange Thu 24-Oct-13 22:59:41

Sapfu- sloane sq solved the dollis loop issue (albeit using leapfrog move) which is allowed as we've not hit the 20 move point- see clarke's precedents- and before you say it- I actually am north american!

Clayhanger Thu 24-Oct-13 23:05:46

ofcoursethisisanamechange Ooh, I like that. Very confident. I suspect you're after a full flush, am I right?

Inertia Thu 24-Oct-13 23:06:10

Pah - i was about to invoke the causality wormhole intervention made possible by the switching on of the LHC to get us out of Cyprus, but Clayhanger was too fast for even the most up-to-date manoeuvre.

sapfu Thu 24-Oct-13 23:06:51

But but but but it's not a Tuesday and no African government has been overthrown in the last 48 hours.

Unless one of us has swum with whales today, we're all fucked.

We traditionalists are like dinosaurs round here now I tells ya.

Hermyninny Thu 24-Oct-13 23:07:30

I give you... Holborn (invoking the Dimbleby amendment)

GrandPoohBah Thu 24-Oct-13 23:10:57

This is what happens when you don't clarify if you're playing by the International competition rules or not, you spend a lot of time debating the Oxley/Paignton amendments.

For the sake of argument, I'm going to run with the 1972 competition rules (UK edition), and play Embankment.

Inertia Thu 24-Oct-13 23:13:44

Ok, well then if wevare going to be parochial about it - Arnos Grove.

OverAndAbove Thu 24-Oct-13 23:15:30

Well, we seem to have some stickling going on here. Loosen up guys - and remember the Transect South by South West Principle - it's damn near Friday, after all!

But in order to take the heat out of the situation (which I may have caused myself, with my flagrant - yet elegant, no? - disregard for Dollis), I will suggest Piccadilly Circus

BelleOfTheBorstal Thu 24-Oct-13 23:19:13

Sapfu-I sat next to a pond with goldfish in yesterday, so I think that will cover the whales. It was only in the 1967 re-write that it actually required entering the water with mammelian sea based creatures. Before that being in the presence of an aquatic creature within a seven day period sufficed.

Inertia Thu 24-Oct-13 23:23:06

Bearing in mind the Euro lights - off directive of 2007 i think we need to move swiftly away from Piccadilly Circus and i think we are probably Going to need to go Harrow on the Hill to comply.

BackInTheGameAtLast Thu 24-Oct-13 23:36:18

I'm not convinced about the euro-lights off directive, what with this being October but us still being in BST but I'm prepared to let it go just this once. However, having regard to the 1963 Howardson amendment, you leave me with only one option!

Amersham

ofcoursethisisanamechange Fri 25-Oct-13 07:38:36

Good Morning- Brixton!

KnappShappeyShipwright Fri 25-Oct-13 07:46:12

Bethnal Green. It's a risky move but I think it works.

Curioustiger Fri 25-Oct-13 07:47:20

A tried and tested move - Hampstead.

Inertia Fri 25-Oct-13 09:19:56

Going to go for Friday Switchback as permitted by the half-term amendments - Mile End.

Hassled Fri 25-Oct-13 09:27:29

It's a wet and windy day, and there's a storm a-brewing - the only option I can come up with is Elephant and Castle.

OverAndAbove Fri 25-Oct-13 09:32:53

Ok, now in the cold light of day, I can see what's going on here. Respect to all, some marvellous play!

And following the Hazardous Weather Protocol ideal, a quick shunt across to Oval

Inertia Fri 25-Oct-13 09:37:23

Smart use of the HWP there Over. I take it we are using the Updated Version ( 1987) thus allowing Colindale?

BelleOfTheBorstal Fri 25-Oct-13 09:46:01

But if Colindale is a possibility, then that means I can go, straight for Grange Hill!

Curioustiger Fri 25-Oct-13 09:53:20

Grange hill? Surely you mean Arsenal belle? Either way I believe the almanac permits a slide across to Charing Cross at this point (1975 amendment).

BigWoooooo Fri 25-Oct-13 10:30:33

Sticking quite closely to the Steiner strategy I see. That one hasn't been popular for a while. Doesn't leave me with much choice, so I'll pop on over to Stratford.

FergusSingsTheBlues Fri 25-Oct-13 10:46:18

I getting grimy with Harlesden

This thread is not accepting new messages.