A little Mornington Crescent - anyone care to join in?

(1000 Posts)
OverAndAbove Thu 24-Oct-13 21:35:49

I just fancy a change of focus.

I'll jump right in with Great Portland Street - I think I'm entitled to do that, with it being beyond the autumn equinox, but before Halloween?

Any takers?

TheHeadlessLadyofCannock Wed 06-Nov-13 18:56:42

Maud, I'd pass you the smelling salts if I hadn't used them all up after that Mile End business. Good heavens.

<<collects self>>

I'll perform a little Kascu Variation, if I may, and take us to Farringdon for a semi-bind.

flamingtoaster Wed 06-Nov-13 19:36:39

Goodness me - brave play there mentioning Dollis Hill - enough to halt all but the most experience players in their tracks . I think a double reverse shunt along the diagonal to Bounds Green is definitely called for at this point.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 06-Nov-13 22:29:18

I thought that, by our third game, I could reasonably deploy the Dollis Hill gambit. I hope I was not in error. Anyway, for now

Hatton Cross

MiniMonty Wed 06-Nov-13 22:37:15

(invoking the Bekermann proxy and ignoring the Brighton handicap)

Hanger Lane

I think the only viable play, bearing in mind that it's less than an hour to midnight and there's an 'r' in the month, is

<<drum roll>>

Perivale.

MooncupGoddess Wed 06-Nov-13 23:27:52

Oh damnation - I thought I'd played a really shit hot move a couple of hours ago, but I was (IRONICALLY) posting from the Underground, and the 3G signal between Barbican and Farringdon must have failed at the crucial moment.

Anyway. It's not as good, but I think the third edition of Mortlake's Vade Mecum allows me an up and over to Dagenham Heathway.

MiniMonty Thu 07-Nov-13 01:12:44

Bearing in mind Notting Hill Gate and Latimer Road have already been played I think Dagenham Heathway is a very good response.

Although, it does bring to mind the old "Turnham Green and Peckham" debacle...

OverAndAbove Thu 07-Nov-13 07:21:29

Westward shunt to Bromley-by-Bow Feel like I'm still playing catch-up...

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 07-Nov-13 08:58:37

Ah. Bromley by Bow implies a lateral shunt with Hunter's Bypass Manoeuvre, so

High Street Kensington

HSK - via the Phillips Stanchion - for a triple updike into Waterloo

MooncupGoddess Thu 07-Nov-13 13:22:27

Gosh Albert, I haven't seen the Phillips Stanchion used for years. It was a stalwart of the inter-war game IIRC.

There are no even numbers in today's date - which means I can go straight to Tooting Bec.

MiniMonty Thu 07-Nov-13 14:55:56

Tooting Beck looks like it might be leading to a semi bind and an Eddington could easily occur !
So...

Embankment

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 07-Nov-13 15:42:02

In which case, I will essay a Benton's Reverse Sweep into

Tottenham Hale.

TheHeadlessLadyofCannock Thu 07-Nov-13 17:28:34

I call a Multiple Fitch in order to be able to give you...

Kingsbury.

Yes, you read that right.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 07-Nov-13 21:23:51

Gosh! It's many years since I saw such a bravura move. I humbly offer

Clapham South

MooncupGoddess Thu 07-Nov-13 22:01:24

Oh, you missed a trick there, Maud - if you'd redoubled Headless Lady's Fitch you could have hopped to Baker St and made MC in three.

Still, easy for me to say! I'm going to draw inspiration from the unforgettable 17-hour championship final of 1984 and go for Neasden.

MiniMonty Fri 08-Nov-13 01:38:42

Neasden.
I'll say nothing.
An EDDINGTON has completely occurred.
(don't say I didn't warn you)

Everyone must make one move backwards (in accordance with Sharkle) and take an numeric pip.

To calm things down...

Sloane Square

MiniMonty Fri 08-Nov-13 01:47:06

Having briefly checked I think Neasden may have actually caused an EDDINGTON "at large" (which will of course affect the entire board).

Brilliant - but liable to be quickly burned if the Northern line is in play.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Fri 08-Nov-13 07:50:40

But a redoubled Fitch that late in the evening would have put several players in slump, which I thought would be inappropriate. Anyhow, now that we have the Eddington the options are limited

Waterloo East

MooncupGoddess Fri 08-Nov-13 09:53:49

Dear me blush sorry. But quite exciting to see an Eddington in practice, I never have before.

Would a careful advance to Vauxhall make things better?

a vertical hop from Waterloo East to Hyde Park Corner, and because of the Eddington and the Redoubled Fitch last night, surely we can get MC in four from here....

an MC XPOST!!!

What is the procedure for this.....

<<head explodes>>

TheHeadlessLadyofCannock Fri 08-Nov-13 12:55:55

I'm ignoring the x-post and crashing on to Becontree. DLR as trumps, obviously.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Fri 08-Nov-13 18:05:50

Uh-oh.

Covent Garden.

Minimammoth Fri 08-Nov-13 18:27:34

I shall play my Charlie ticket and go Chalk Farm. Oh so near.

This thread is not accepting new messages.