Girls v Boys: Lord of the Flies Question

(8 Posts)
Moln Fri 18-Oct-13 21:25:14

If it had been girls instead of boys, how do you think things would have been different?

thenightsky Fri 18-Oct-13 21:27:41

Yes. I think practical stuff would have been sorted. Not sure about the victim torture thing though.

Interesting OP. I need to think about this when not got brain full of wine grin

RandomMess Fri 18-Oct-13 21:29:28

Yep I think it would have been really really bitchy!

MrPricklepants Fri 18-Oct-13 21:32:12

I think in all likelihood it would have turned out the same.

ILoveAFullFridge Fri 18-Oct-13 21:32:48

Practical stuff would have been sorted, the little child would not have been lost, and the dancing 'ritual' would not have got out of hand (or perhaps happened at all), but I think that, ultimately, 'Piggy' and 'Ralph' would still have been bullied and killed/nearly killed.

Females tend to be more organised and nurturing, but can be equally domineering and even more vicious.

Curioushorse Fri 18-Oct-13 21:33:37

I always ask kids this question.

I think that, yes, there would have been a little village built and the younger kids would have been looked after.....but the girls would have killed themselves rather than each other.

Gunznroses Fri 18-Oct-13 21:41:50

I think it would've been even more sinister, more deaths but slow painful deaths.

Moln Fri 18-Oct-13 21:53:22

I think less physical violence, more psychological. I too think Piggy wouldn't have been killed but would be more likely have been isolated and driven to, or close to suicide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now