Does Mick Jagger have Marfan Syndrome?

(78 Posts)
Sneets Sun 13-Oct-13 00:41:42

Pretty random question, I know, but he was on TV strutting and I thought he has that weird long arm, long leg, long fingers, flat feet, sticky out chest, long face kinda look (most attractive I can tell you, especially on a strutting grandad!), and it dawned on me...Marfans Syndrome. Googled and asked Jeeves but no-one is giving it away if he has!
Anyone know or got a link to shed some light? Maybe he doesn't know he has it! Oh bugger...

yeghoulsandlittledevils Sun 13-Oct-13 07:52:39

Not everyone uses hth passive agresively! It is possible to use it with a genuine desire to be helpful.

Sneets Sun 13-Oct-13 07:53:42

I see deepfried, painful joints. I pitied Jacko. Poor thing, IMO he never grew up. Very sad case as with many child stars.

meditrina Sun 13-Oct-13 07:54:08

"Not everyone uses hth passive agresively! It is possible to use it with a genuine desire to be helpful."

Probably true on the wider Internet, but on this site, it's PA.

SinisterSal Sun 13-Oct-13 07:54:46

When I first started posting here I always said HTH and with a little smile at the end.

Try raising the head of his cot a little HTH smile

Add an extra egg to the recipe HTH smile

Everyone loved me

Sneets Sun 13-Oct-13 07:55:52

Meditrina, luckily my boys never did take to Wiggles! I remember fleetingly watching but it never stuck. Thank bloody goodness.

deepfriedsage Sun 13-Oct-13 07:57:41

It would explain the scars on the skin too, as its connective tissue .

Sneets Sun 13-Oct-13 07:58:24

Sinistersal and HTH posters-cheers. I'm gonna ignore ALL HTH just in case it's PA! I'd end up arsey!
Back to light hearted gossip. I love Miranda!

Fabsmum Sun 13-Oct-13 07:59:37

Ds1 has got a physique EXACTLY like Mick Jagger. But he's only 10, so not as grizzled.....

But yes - deep chest, long thin arms and legs, tiny tiny hips, and is very bendy. I also noticed that he has slightly webbed fingers this week. How could I not have noticed before?

LazyGaga Sun 13-Oct-13 08:02:28

You see deepfried, painful joints? Now that would be odd wink.

LazyGaga Sun 13-Oct-13 08:03:58

Fabsmum - out of curiosity has your ds been investigated for Marfans?

Sneets Sun 13-Oct-13 08:08:39

Can't do all this bold names thing! Ha ha Gaga! Have you not tasted them? Local chippy does them!
Fabsmum, get him into a rock band! But seriously has he been checked out? The length of outstretched arms is longer than body. You might know this tho seen as you know what I'm on about.

yeghoulsandlittledevils Sun 13-Oct-13 08:13:41

meditrina I was specifically talking about my posts on this site. I dont use hth in a pa way.
(Although it can be tempting at times.)

LazyGaga Sun 13-Oct-13 08:17:39

You just put * on either side of the name or word you want to bold.

HTH wink

meditrina Sun 13-Oct-13 08:23:12

An author's intention isn't the key thing in assessing the impact of a piece of writing.

If you did not know that the PA interpretation is how 'HTH' will be read on MN, thus changing the effect if your post considerably from what you intended, I am happy to have cleared it up for you.

It is of course, totally up to the individual poster how they post (I'm not trying to be the police on this). But the site is so huge that no-one's going to remember 'oh, so-and-so does such-and-such and it doesn't mean the same'.

PatoBanton Sun 13-Oct-13 08:35:57

What a vile thread. This site is for support, can you not imagine for one moment how your OP comes across to a parent of a child with MS?

Calling it 'weird' and being sarcastic about how attractive it is is so fucking horrible - are you this crass in real life?

It seems like the penis thread has brought all sorts of low life flocking to MN recently.

IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS if someone has a disability.

PatoBanton Sun 13-Oct-13 08:37:01

'Seriously has he been checked out'

For Fucks sake just do one.

deepfriedsage Sun 13-Oct-13 08:50:34

I dont see the problem with getting checked out like Miranda did?

yeghoulsandlittledevils Sun 13-Oct-13 08:55:57

I'll admit, I mainly posted on this thread to get a more offensive thread off the leader board. I was also hoping to find out more about MS.

PatoBanton Sun 13-Oct-13 09:02:33

Sorry, I thought the OP meant Mick Jagger. But still it is pretty offensive - coming at this with only a very lay idea of MS and asking people to have their children checked out.

I just don't know where to start. I hope the thread is deleted before it causes any (more) offence.

Sneets Sun 13-Oct-13 09:06:04

Oh blimey.
I truly did not mean to be offensive. sad

Won't be posting on MN anymore.

deepfriedsage Sun 13-Oct-13 09:09:51

I have a connective tissue disorder and can't understand why anyone would be offended at a suggestion someone should get checked out.

PatoBanton Sun 13-Oct-13 09:11:38

There's no need to leave. Just think before you post. There are lots of people on here with disabilities and disabled children.

I am glad you didn't mean any harm by it....that is a good thing smile

ExcuseTypos Sun 13-Oct-13 09:15:03

Sheets, don't be put off by grumpy people.

Sme people on here, can np be very direct, which can often come oc ross as rude. I was very pipit off about posting when I first joined, now it's water off a ducks back.

I'd also say, I've read a lot of posts from people using HTH, in a very friendly way. If some people choose to see it as always being PA, that's your issue.

ExcuseTypos Sun 13-Oct-13 09:15:51

Despite my username, I must apologise for typosgrin. I need coffee!

Vatta Sun 13-Oct-13 09:19:05

sneets I have one of the conditions mentioned above and wasn't at all offended. Sorry to hear some people were, I suppose these things are sensitive for a lot of people, but I wouldn't beat yourself up (or leave mumsnet!) over it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now