Reports of Zombie's demise...

(1000 Posts)
IamtheZombie Mon 30-Sep-13 16:56:52

have been greatly exaggerated. She may be a wee bit battered and bruised, but she bends and doesn't break.

Most of you probably know her back story but, for those who don't, here's a very brief recap:

The last 2 1/2 years have been absolutely horrendous: family crises, a breast cancer diagnosis and 20 months of treatment for that, bereavements and sorting out her late MIL's estate. As you can imagine, she found it a struggle at times.

Just under a year ago, DZOH began an "inappropriate" on-line relationship with a woman he "met" playing scrabble on Facebook. At the time he was spending most of his time at his mum's house in Nottingham sorting things out and putting it on the market. The on-line relationship fairly quickly progressed to a full blown physical affair. The woman lives in Wales and he would pay her train fare to come to Nottingham to see him. Zombie was fully aware of everything that was going on and tried to do everything she could to save her marriage. He left Zombie in mid-February, first staying in Nottingham before moving in with her in mid-March. He continued to come back to DDS to take Zombie to her hospital treatments. In mid-May he started making reference to coming back to her. He finally did so in mid-August. Two weeks after he came back they went to Kos for a fortnight. Halfway through the holiday he told her that he was leaving as soon as they returned to the UK. Which he duly did on Friday, 13th September.

Zombie went through all the trauma, drama and devastation between October and August. That is behind her. She's relieved that that it is finally over. A few nights ago she realised that she was sitting here completely relaxed and smiling for no reason. It's as though an enormous weight has been lifted from her.

She's currently packing up his belongings, deciding what she needs to replace, etc. He will come with a man and a van in a few weeks time to remove everything. There are obviously other pracicalities to be sorted out but they are doing so in as amicable a manner as possible.

Can Zombie please ask those of you who are Facebook friends with her NOT to say anything publicly on there about any of this.

Onwards and upwards. wink

MrsFlorrick Mon 30-Sep-13 17:35:31

Zombie. Wow. Seen you around on MN but had no idea of any of this.

A warm MN hug to you (and some braiiinz).

I wish you happier times ahead.

CaptainCupcake Mon 30-Sep-13 17:35:42

Hello Zombie, you won't know me as I name change regularly and lurk more than post generally. But I do love to see you doing so well. Onwards and upwards now! thanks cake

Wow zombie, you are one hell of a woman.

smile flowers

Good for you Zombie!

FruOla Mon 30-Sep-13 17:43:20

Oh, Zombie. I had no idea. Well, I knew you had serious health problems - but I had no idea about your 'D'H shock sad

You are one brave lady - wine cake thanks

FellatioNelson Mon 30-Sep-13 17:46:58

Well done Zombie - what a fantastically positive update after such a shitty, shitty time. With all my heart I wish you a rollicking, awesome yet peaceful future with as much fun, happiness and adventure as you can handle, and a clean bill of health of course, and a hot new man as soon if and when you are feeling that way inclined. Onward and upward indeed.

Cheers. winecakeflowers

FellatioNelson Mon 30-Sep-13 17:47:57

as soon just crossing out the erroneous words up there ^^ grin

ChestyNut Mon 30-Sep-13 17:49:38

zombie I'm glad you're smiling. Your as hard as nails smile

thanks

cocolepew United States Mon 30-Sep-13 17:49:52

Glad to hear you are so positive Zombie x

Chubfuddler Mon 30-Sep-13 17:49:53

Jesus zombie. I knew about your illness but not the rest of it.

What a fuck nugget ex mr zombie is.

LtEveDallas Mon 30-Sep-13 17:51:29

Zombie, I had no idea of what else you had to put up with, alongside your Heath problems. I am so very sorry.

I hope you return to undead health as soon as possible and I wish your H the fleas of a thousand camels infesting his crotch.

liquidstate Mon 30-Sep-13 17:53:30

I think you are amazing! Fuck nugget is just the right word for your exH (thanks chubfuddler)

Fiderer Mon 30-Sep-13 17:53:40

Good to hear of a smiling Zombie - only on MN could I write that grin

Onwards & upwards indeed flowers

PedlarsSpanner Mon 30-Sep-13 17:57:34

Well hello Zombie and thank you for the update. Grr at Mr Zombie, what a tool.

Onwards and upwards indeed my dear

Kisses x a million

SPBisResisting Mon 30-Sep-13 18:03:42

ahh Zombie, so sorry to hear you've been through all this. Get used to the smiling for no reason though - I suspect you're going to start doing a lot more of it.

gwencooper81 Mon 30-Sep-13 18:04:54

Zombie doesn't know me, but I've always followed her posts and missed her greatly. So very glad to read that you're smiling and things are turning around.

VBisme Mon 30-Sep-13 18:09:13

Glad to hear you're back, sorry for the shitty time you've been having.

thanks

Onward and upward indeed you wonderful, amazing undead you. Viva la Zombie xxx

Tiggygirl Mon 30-Sep-13 18:13:59

Way to go Zombie ,here's wishing you lots of luck for the future ,you deserve it .

VeeAndTea Mon 30-Sep-13 18:16:54

<squeeze> I've said it over scrabble, and I'll say it again... what an utter cunt.

AlexReidsLonelyBraincell Mon 30-Sep-13 18:22:00

You won't have a clue who I am but just to say, I love your posts Zombie, glad to see you back, sorry you've been having the mother of all shitty times.

<Gives Zombie a big manly pat on the shoulder>

<<hurriedly fixes her arm back on before anybody notices I've knocked it off>> blush grin

MarmaladeTwatkins Mon 30-Sep-13 18:25:47

Zombie, I'm so, so glad that you decided to post this on MN. There's nothing like the collective love of the vipers to buoy you.

<<massive Buppy hug>>

poorbuthappy Mon 30-Sep-13 18:31:36

glad to see you back with us.
here have somewine. I'll raise my glass to you.

MelodyBaker Mon 30-Sep-13 18:32:35

Wow Zombie! Your being so so strong.
Mumsnet is here for you all the way.
XX

ginslinger Mon 30-Sep-13 18:33:44

Oh big crappola Zombie - another manly pat <fixes other arm back>

This thread is not accepting new messages.