Reports of Zombie's demise...

(1000 Posts)
IamtheZombie Mon 30-Sep-13 16:56:52

have been greatly exaggerated. She may be a wee bit battered and bruised, but she bends and doesn't break.

Most of you probably know her back story but, for those who don't, here's a very brief recap:

The last 2 1/2 years have been absolutely horrendous: family crises, a breast cancer diagnosis and 20 months of treatment for that, bereavements and sorting out her late MIL's estate. As you can imagine, she found it a struggle at times.

Just under a year ago, DZOH began an "inappropriate" on-line relationship with a woman he "met" playing scrabble on Facebook. At the time he was spending most of his time at his mum's house in Nottingham sorting things out and putting it on the market. The on-line relationship fairly quickly progressed to a full blown physical affair. The woman lives in Wales and he would pay her train fare to come to Nottingham to see him. Zombie was fully aware of everything that was going on and tried to do everything she could to save her marriage. He left Zombie in mid-February, first staying in Nottingham before moving in with her in mid-March. He continued to come back to DDS to take Zombie to her hospital treatments. In mid-May he started making reference to coming back to her. He finally did so in mid-August. Two weeks after he came back they went to Kos for a fortnight. Halfway through the holiday he told her that he was leaving as soon as they returned to the UK. Which he duly did on Friday, 13th September.

Zombie went through all the trauma, drama and devastation between October and August. That is behind her. She's relieved that that it is finally over. A few nights ago she realised that she was sitting here completely relaxed and smiling for no reason. It's as though an enormous weight has been lifted from her.

She's currently packing up his belongings, deciding what she needs to replace, etc. He will come with a man and a van in a few weeks time to remove everything. There are obviously other pracicalities to be sorted out but they are doing so in as amicable a manner as possible.

Can Zombie please ask those of you who are Facebook friends with her NOT to say anything publicly on there about any of this.

Onwards and upwards. wink

SoupDragon Mon 30-Sep-13 17:14:54

You are UltraZombie (with wings)

That sounds like Halloween sanitary protection!

Hullygully Mon 30-Sep-13 17:15:16

London Nov 30th. No venue yet

Yay for Zombie. A phoenix from the flames.

You can't keep a good Zombie down. Onwards and upwards, undead stylee smile

picnicbasketcase Mon 30-Sep-13 17:17:20

Three zombie cheers for you, wishing you the very best.

BelleDameSansMerci Mon 30-Sep-13 17:19:01

What Talc said.

trying not to cry having read the OP

IamtheZombie Mon 30-Sep-13 17:20:12

That's a good possibility, Hully.

Thank you all for your very kind words. They mean a lot to Zombie.

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

flowers Zombie ones of corse.

Glad to hear you are smiling.

IsThatTrue Mon 30-Sep-13 17:20:36

You're so strong zombie! Chin up! X

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 30-Sep-13 17:20:44

Doesn't he know your MN name Zombie, he used to post didn't he?
Maybe you need a name change.

Oh Zombie, what a lot youve been through thanks for you. Glad to see you back here, you were missed.

nicename Mon 30-Sep-13 17:22:53

Can I just ask... is Zombie American? I've been seeing her posts for yonks now and realise the I 'read' the posts in an American accent.

Zombies are indestructible though. Onwards...

MinesAPintOfTea Mon 30-Sep-13 17:23:04

Sorry to hear that Zombie. Onwards and upwards!

IamtheZombie Mon 30-Sep-13 17:24:01

But, but, but... IamtheZombie!! She can't name change. And she's not said anything that isn't true so if he wants to read it, he's more than welcome, Lady.

Absy Mon 30-Sep-13 17:24:51

Go Zombie! You're amazing.

IamtheZombie Mon 30-Sep-13 17:25:41

Zombie is indeed American but she's lived in the UK since 1982. In fact, in July she passed the point where she's lived here more than half of her life.

nicename Mon 30-Sep-13 17:26:47

Thank god for that. You just wouldn't be the same with a brummie accent.

I did not know that. I thought you were without nationality and just Zombie-ing around grin

EduCated Mon 30-Sep-13 17:27:32

Glad you're still here and Zombieing. I've missed my daily dose of third person talking.

(And you are bloody indestructible. Like all good zombies)

WheresMyCow Mon 30-Sep-13 17:28:08

Often lurked but never posted...glad to read that Zombie is smiling grin

nicename Mon 30-Sep-13 17:30:03

I've just looked at her piccies... she is indeed smiling. What a nice smile too. I look like a mad dog chewing a toffee in photos.

bassetfeet Mon 30-Sep-13 17:31:07

You give me so much strength Zombie through your words and experience . You are shining so bright here on MN with your dignity and wisdom ........your courage .

You are one hell of a lady zombie and help more of us struggling sometimes than you will ever know . Thank you and wishing you peace and respite from an awful time flowers.

AnyFucker Mon 30-Sep-13 17:32:04

Hiya, Z

Bittersweet indeed to read your update, but glad to see you posting again. Much love x

JammyDodger1 Mon 30-Sep-13 17:32:59

Zombie you are a leg end --as dd2 would say- and an inspiration to us all thanks

JammyDodger1 Mon 30-Sep-13 17:33:24

as dd2 would say strike out failure!

This thread is not accepting new messages.