Fat & happy anyone???

(4 Posts)
LazyMonkeyButler Wed 18-Sep-13 14:45:25

P.S. I'm not saying it's impossible to be fat & happy about it, just that I am not.

LazyMonkeyButler Wed 18-Sep-13 14:44:34

No, I'm fat and most definitely not happy. Others would probably think I am though as I rarely discuss my weight or diet with anyone. I am generally a cheerful person so I can see how people might think I am happy with how things are.

I am not though, I hate it.

CaptainSweatPants Wed 18-Sep-13 14:40:21

Why would you want to be happy about harming your health though !

IMO & experience sadly, if you really don't give a shit you end up eating what you like & putting on a stone a year

rainbowfeet Wed 18-Sep-13 14:38:08

I have a very good friend who I've never heard even once complain about her weight.. She is around a size 18/20 & doesn't entertain diet foods in her home, eats what ever she likes doesn't exercise & really doesn't give a shit!! As a life long weight obsessed yo-yo dieter I am so envious of her mindset. I feel that if I could truly be like her I'd probably end up losing the desired amount of weight because I wouldn't be thinking about food so much!!

It's such a physiological battle... This reward/punish yourself with bad food.. Poor body image & generally being miserable. I have tried the oh well I'm knocking 40 & it's time to stop being so obsessed & bloody enjoy myself... But then my low self esteem takes over & persuades me to start another diet... Because all will be good in the world if I were 10 stone!!!! hmm

Is anyone else 100% ok with being overweight & how can others get there?! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now