My first post!

(14 Posts)
mumofbeauties Fri 30-Aug-13 22:37:15

Have read 'cutted up pear'...still laughing.
thanks all

sittinginthesun Fri 30-Aug-13 20:21:20

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/1355112-Has-my-fridge-found-religion

Not sure if this works on my phone, but my favourite.

MasterFlea Fri 30-Aug-13 20:16:14

My favourite classic thread cutted up pear

greenhill Fri 30-Aug-13 20:00:17

Try out "find your local Mumsnet" at the top of the page. You'll definitely find like minded local MN'ers and be able to go to meet ups etc. <unless you live where I live, where we're all anti social and don't post, at all>

sittinginthesun Fri 30-Aug-13 19:56:30

Once you've been here a little while, you realise that there are certain phrases, jokes and even scarves that help you spot a Mumsnetter a mile off. smile

Have a read through Classics, and try not to cry with laughter.

Hello mum

confused

Somebody got killed once in AIBU.

They were having a light-hearted chat about steam mops, when all of a sudden a bunch of heavies from The Other Place burst in and peppered the thread with heavy machine-hun fire. Carnage it was. I still have a limp.

onedev Fri 30-Aug-13 19:46:04

Not just an hour elQuinto - MN should come with a warning that your family may well lose you for days, especially in Classics grin. Welcome Op!

elQuintoConyo Fri 30-Aug-13 15:34:56

mumofbeauties have a lurk around aibu and you'll see that the gloves are off when people post their responses sad shame, really, because the rest of the site is much nicer smile

There is a board in 'other sites' called 'mn classics' where you'll find threads that were so funny they needed to be saved! Good for an hour's read if you're having an off day. The 'chat' threads are also good.

mumofbeauties Fri 30-Aug-13 15:21:28

What is so scary about AIBU? Think I will avoid this one!

MasterFlea Fri 30-Aug-13 10:59:02

Welcome. Have a brew

I always think the whole world are on MN. I often wait for whomever is being talked about to come onto threads and say 'No, I did not say that' or some such.

I'm terrified of AIBU still after a few years on here.

Welcome!

Yes, I do imagine that done people I see when I'm out could ve MNers. But I've ever asked. [wuss]

elQuintoConyo Fri 30-Aug-13 10:51:58

Hello thanks

We're mostly very friendly, straight-talking types, although avoid the AIBU boards for a while (Am I being Unreasonable) as they can get quite shit-stormy! I managed to survive my first OP in AIBU, but have since been attacked on threads I've commented on - hey ho! Live and learn!

.....don't let that put you off!!

welcomesmile
You are brave, I lurked for a year before I started posting. If you want a non fluffy forum you are in the right place.

mumofbeauties Fri 30-Aug-13 10:14:49

Hello, I am new to mumsnet and this is my first post (although I have been, do you call it lurking? for a few days) I have been overwhelmed by the support that people offer one another on here and am so glad I decided to take a look.
I was out with my dc at the weekend at a little farm and as I exchanged smiles with other parents I was suddenly struck by the thought any of these people could be mumsneters - has anyone else thought this? It was a really strange thought that these 'strangers' could be the same people that were discussing their private views/situations - it was quite a nice 'I belong to something' feeling.
Don't suppose this is of much interest to anyone else but thought I would have a go at 'sharing'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now