Daddy long legs

(9 Posts)
ItsNotATest Fri 19-Jul-13 02:33:26

It's the leg length. It's clearly not normal hmm

I think I may have been traumatised by my mother spraying them with fly spray when I was a kid... The abnormal legs dropped off one by one sad.

But on the bright side, I'm in the middle of a city and have yet to be bothered by them this year. Feel free to entertain them in rural land grin

celticclan Fri 19-Jul-13 01:52:21

Hate moths but love butterflies. I can even let butterflies and ladybirds land on me!

Think it has something to do with childhood conditioning. How many fairytales feature butterflies and ladybirds? Can't think of any other logical explanation...

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 19-Jul-13 00:18:31

genuine question here - for those that are scared of moths are you also scared of butterflies?

moths to me are night time butterflies....they dont bother me at all.
i used to be able to pick up crane flies too....god knows what happened there though hmm as im now terrified of the flying floaty fuckers....

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 19-Jul-13 00:16:27

i am fine with everything - and i mean everything - but daddylonglegs or crane flies....useless.
i cant eat at work because the canteen is full of them - rural area with windows open 24/7 and lights on....you can imagine how many there are.

moths i get upset if anyone kills them, i wont kill anything but craneflies seriously cause me bother. you are not alone.

Queenofthehill Fri 19-Jul-13 00:08:24

Moths and daddies make me FREAK. I am an otherwise strong independent woman :-/

Callmedreckly Fri 19-Jul-13 00:05:32

I cant cope with moths at the moment, Seriously Ive had enough. Ive bought so much stuff from Homebase ect to ttry & get rid of them.

celticclan Fri 19-Jul-13 00:00:46

I don't like them either. I have camped in the Australian outback and Africa, I coped, it was fine.

I can't cope with this. I'm driving dh mad and he has no sympathy whatsoever. I hate it. I was crying 5 minutes ago. I 'm ashamed of myself. Why can I not handle a stupid fly thing?

HuwEdwards Thu 18-Jul-13 23:52:37

Not about DDLL, but ask again in Autumn about spiders....

celticclan Thu 18-Jul-13 23:51:00

Struggling to cope. Are there more of them this year?

I have never liked creepy crawlies but would not have considered myself to have a phobia until this year. Finding it really hard. I know I need to get a grip but I can't.

It's rubbing off on my youngest child and he is becoming nervous. Anyone else feel the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now