Rental Flat hunting + pregnant + partner + dog = impossible :-(

(9 Posts)

I'm a shit tenant (well, was), and just didnt declare the dog.
I made sure the place was immaculate as that's how I like to live anyway. Dog wasn't allowed upstairs etc.

I know I will get flamed but ffs, its a chiwawawawawa thing. Its practically a rodent. :-)

SummerHeat Fri 19-Jul-13 20:09:47

I've seen this on facebook - don't know about pets but it does have a garden and it says they have been trying to find a tenant for a while - might be worth a try?
www.christianflatshare.org/details.php?id=13941&post_type=offered

bittenipples Fri 19-Jul-13 17:53:20

I feel for you. I found it almost impossible to find a flat with a dog. I searched for about 5 months and then ended up taking a room in a house instead as only place that would have us (me plus dog). I do know a friend who lied and got away with it for a year. Risky though.

Good luck! And congratulations smile

Angelina7 Mon 15-Jul-13 01:47:04

That's true, it is a tight budget because we are in an expensive area -not posh, just commuter belt to London, so we can only really afford a 1bed flat which we don't see as a problem if it is a gd size with living room but I can see that the landlords would.

Bumpstarter Mon 15-Jul-13 01:39:31

Not suitable.

Good luck btw

Bumpstarter Mon 15-Jul-13 01:39:13

I think landlords have in mind whether the accommodation is suitable for a family or not. What kind of place are you looking at? If you are on a tight budget I can imagine this could be quite difficult. Where I live there are large flats which are fine for a small family, so most landlords will be happy with families, but some will tell you straight up on the phone that there's no bathtub, so to suitable for kids.

Angelina7 Mon 15-Jul-13 01:25:40

Yes, I think the problem is that we both work in London & are looking for somewhere with the gd train links on the Surrey/ London borders, I think landlords are able to pick & choose their tenants as they have no trouble finding people. I do hope we can negotiate but most are via agents as private landlords appear to be few and far between and therefore seem to be less lenient. I will ask though, thanks x

JollyGolightly Mon 15-Jul-13 01:13:10

Maybe it depends where you are. I've been a landlord in two different rural areas. We've never said no to kids, but have never actually advertised the places as being pet-friendly. If we've liked an applicant and they've inquired about pets, we've said yes, with conditions about cleaning/deposit etc.

I've also rented a flat at 35 weeks pregnant, with an elderly cat in tow! There's no harm in asking. Good luck.

Angelina7 Mon 15-Jul-13 01:06:14

Hi,

Has anyone else had this problem .... & resolved it?

...No landlord wants pets and many don't want children!

I am 7 months pregnant, living with parents at the mo, partner is in shared house, we are both professionals though I will be on maternity come sept, and we desperately need to find somewhere within budget that will accept us + new baby + my very well behaved chihuahua, but nowhere wants dogs or kids it seems, any ideas where is best to look next? Or what to do? Thank you
Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now