OMG !!! Guess what I've just found!!!???

(618 Posts)
Leigh1980 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:14:47

I've name changed due to my partner knowing my username hee hee!!

I've just found a very dainty petit diamond ring on the bedside table (his side). We only have one. This also holds my make up and bits 'n bobs.

We've only been together and living together for four months but we both know we ate meant for each other.

What do I do? Do I ask him about it? Wait for him to bring it up? It's basically sitting on top behind my little clock. Do you think it's meant for me? I've no idea when he could have purchased it either. So confused but also so excited. I'm to nervous to bring it up, but maybe he is nervous too and hoping I'd see it and bring it up myself. Aaaahhhh!!! Do you think it's an engagement ring!? We're both so in love with each other!!

Need your wisdom and experience :-)9

Yeah, just ask.

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sat 13-Jul-13 18:58:19

Hmmm maybe tell him you have found it. [unhelpful]

marks place

Leigh1980 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:58:26

He's at work now so can't ask him just yet!

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 13-Jul-13 18:58:45

I hope I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this too- no box is the key.
I do hope it is an engagement ring for you OP

Or put it on, and run at him shrieking "yes, of course I will" and gauge the look on his face.

garlicsmutty Sat 13-Jul-13 18:59:09

Ummm, you've not been together very long and living together four months. You are already talking about your wedding day. He cries for no reason. You've found unexplained jewellery.
hmm hmm hmm hmm

But it's a lovely sunny evening, and I don't want to piss on anyone's barbecue. So ... OOOH, OP, how exciting!!! smile Wear it! See if he notices! Fingers crossed for you! grin

hmm

HystericalParoxysm Sat 13-Jul-13 18:59:34

I'm not sure this will end well. When's he home, OP?

Ah. Thanks. I was confused. I still think you should just ask him. I wish you luck.

Portofino Sat 13-Jul-13 18:59:58

Do you NEVER leave the house? Shopping? PO? School run?

ImNotBloody14 Sat 13-Jul-13 19:00:35

It could be a family ring- would explain no box and perhaps the daintyness of it if it is old

Portofino Sat 13-Jul-13 19:02:10

IS it old OP? If it was that dainty it looked like wire, I would be thinking "cheapskate"

Secretswitch Sat 13-Jul-13 19:02:19

Ohh Leigh, I do hope this turns out to be what you wished for. You sound young and in love smile Forgive those of us who have seen some things and know how relationships don't always end like fairy stories. Good luck sweetheart xx

garlicsmutty Sat 13-Jul-13 19:02:23

Oh, if it's dainty with five little diamonds in a cross shape, and he found it in Newman Street, W1 - it's mine! I lost it in 1987!

Leigh1980 Sat 13-Jul-13 19:02:45

Don't have kids and we do the shopping together.

Pancakeflipper Sat 13-Jul-13 19:03:09

You have to ask him.

Because if he then moves it and you don't see it again then you will always wonder about it.

Leigh1980 Sat 13-Jul-13 19:04:31

Nope not that young. I left my 10 year relationship for this man as we connected on such a big level. BTW I broke up with ex before pursuing this relationship. I'm 33

Portofino Sat 13-Jul-13 19:04:38

What time is he due home?

Carolra Sat 13-Jul-13 19:04:54

Hahaha garlicsmutty, I was just thinking the same thing. I lost a dainty gold ring with three tiny diamonds in it last week!! I'd love to know what this one looks like!!!

readyforno2 Sat 13-Jul-13 19:05:16

Ask him..
Best of luck

garlicsmutty Sat 13-Jul-13 19:05:55

Ooh, Carolra! Got to say yours is more likely to turn up on a Mumsnet thread in 2013 than mine smile

VivaLeBeaver Sat 13-Jul-13 19:06:16

Mmmmm, sorry I'd be with they cynical brigade on this one.

Hope I'm wrong.

Wouldn't you want to chose your own ring if you got engaged?

Leigh1980 Sat 13-Jul-13 19:07:25

He's coming home at 9pm when he finishes his shift.

Carolra Sat 13-Jul-13 19:08:22

I'd be dead chuffed if it is mine, I'm gutted I lost it (this is it in yellow gold in case anyone else happens to find a ring - http://www.oakfinejewellery.com/collections/richmond-park/products/ill-always-remember-diamond)

CajaDeLaMemoria Sat 13-Jul-13 19:08:24

You have to ask him! Maybe he's too shy to mention it so he left it for you to find?

Good luck! Let us know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now