Relocating from 3 bedroom house to 2 bedroom with 2 kids. Is 2 rooms enough?

(3 Posts)
greenandorange Tue 21-May-13 13:10:14

Thanks Laurie but we are planning to rent. I think DH is not considered to me or the kids. I will be looking for 3-bed nut just wonder whether 2-beds are that spacious to accommodate 2 kids in one bedroom and his clutter in the living room. That must be a very long living room. He would not consider shed unless it is Roald Dahl's with comfortsmile

Consider a shed, that way you don't have to look at it.

Or a decent size garden so you can add a conservatory.

greenandorange Tue 21-May-13 12:52:33

We are a family of four. Two boys and two adults. Currently we live in a 3-bed semi. The boys (4 and 7) share the bedroom. The younger one is still sleeping in his little bed. Two single beds would not fit into this bedroom. Third bedroom is for my DH's clutter: papers, folders, books. It is like a tiny office. Without this room his clutter would have been in the living room or our bedroom.
We are planning to relocate to another county. DH says we need to look for 2-bed to save money. He thinks his office could relocate to the bedroom. I would hate having all those things in the bedroom. Also he often goes to bed late and wakes up obviously late. That would drive me mad because I have to get up early because of kids and I do not like going to bed after the midnight. So, I firmy say NO to moving his office into our future bedroom.
A few years ago when DS2 was a baby we lived in a 2-bed flat. The living room was long and DH had his desk in one corner of the room. That will work but only if we find a house with a big living room. I imagine that 2 beds are smaller than 3 beds or am I wrong? Soon we will have to buy DS2 a single bed so 2nd bedroom must accommodate 2 single beds.
So, basically I want to find out how big 2 bed-houses are. Sorry for a long post.
DH has a oroper job but often has to do work from home too.

Many thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now