So, us rotten lot....

(1000 Posts)
scarredpierced Thu 11-Apr-13 10:19:00

How many of us actually meet Shona's little sidekicks criteria?
She states that all of us on Mumsnet are in our 30s, living in London and have a degree. How many people here meet that criteria?
How many are popping prozac depressed at the shit life we now have with kids?
Damn that woman is nasty!

AgathaF Thu 11-Apr-13 10:52:58

40's, degree, Midlands, grown-up children. No prozac or similar, and not feeling the need either.

I fucking loathe these meja types who float onto AIBU for 2 hours, decide the place is full of uptight bitches, then bugger off again. If they really need article fodder, couldn't they at least find out what MN is really about, because I just don't recognise it, or myself as a user, from the descriptions I read of it in the tabloids or hear of on the tv/radio.

Lucyellensmum95 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:53:15

40s, two degrees and on Prozac - don't live in london though grin

I remember my 30's fondly. wink

I do have a degree and I do live nearish to London. No prozac though (yet).

Lucyellensmum95 Thu 11-Apr-13 10:55:42

Can't be doing with Boden (it all looks a bit cheap if you ask me) and hobnobs? does anyone actually like those?

nearly 40, no degree, anyone got any prozac?

AgathaF Thu 11-Apr-13 10:56:22

I don't own any Boden stuff either (happy macs or whatever they are called are really not my type of thing), and I don't wish to.

I didn't know I was supposed to like Hobnobs too. They would be my choice only if all the nice stuff from the biscuit tin had already been eaten, I much prefer bourbons or digestives.

TSSDNCOP Thu 11-Apr-13 10:56:27

Shona? Who the fuck is Shona?

MyNameIsAnAnagram Thu 11-Apr-13 10:57:16

late mid 30s, degree. Never lived in London. Not (currently) popping any ADs.

hedgefund Thu 11-Apr-13 10:57:28

more daily mail shite

IsaacCox Thu 11-Apr-13 10:58:49

23, Midlands, no degree, no pills.

FairlyDinkum Thu 11-Apr-13 10:59:08

I heard this was a good place to get prozac?

I don't know what a Shona is but I'm nearly 40, have four degrees - and I live in Sydney. I'm Australian, not an expat.

ForOneNightYoni Thu 11-Apr-13 11:00:16

I do blush

JourneyThroughLife Thu 11-Apr-13 11:05:55

Not in my 30's, I do have a degree though, I live in Berkshire. Don't think I fit the stereotype, and didn't know who Shona was until today!

40s, did live in North London till last year (even better than Muswell Hill, in Islington) but now moved. Have three degrees. Not on prozac, not depressed, love my kids and love my job. But not a yummy mummy (really must get onto C25K and intermittent fasting!). So close but too old.

30s, up north, two degrees.

No prozac, prefer mini-eggs to ease the disappointment of my shit life grin

Rikalaily Thu 11-Apr-13 11:10:52

30's, live in the NW and have no degree, in fact I haven't even got any GCSE's, no pills either.

ClayDavis Thu 11-Apr-13 11:11:18

30s, one degree, don't live anywhere near London. Do take ADs but because I have chronic recurrent depression not because of my children as I don't have any.

nocake Thu 11-Apr-13 11:13:40

40 something
South East
Degree
No prozac or any other medication
One delightful daughter

Worst of all......... I'm a man grin

TomDudgeon Thu 11-Apr-13 11:16:44

I'm manage being in my 30's. I fail otherwise. Shall I leave?

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 11:16:55

Hi all,
I've just sent this email to the Daily Mail, fyi.

Subject line: Some factual errors in your piece on Mumsnet today

Hi Anna,
I see you found someone to write the piece you were looking for about Mumsnet. Could I ask you to correct a few errors of fact in it however?
You say Mumsnet has 25000 posts a day, it's actually 35000
You say "Roberts says members are typically in their 30s with university degrees who live in London". This is not something I say. Only 17% (of our 4.4 million monthly users) live in London (From our census 2012) (Out of interest a higher percentage than that say they are regularly Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday readers)
You say I'm a former Guardian journalist. I have never been a Guardian journalist. I freelanced as a football and cricket reporter for the Times and the Daily Telegraph.
You equate Mumsnet to Ask fm and imply that it is liable to prompt suicide attempts. I suspect this is libellous. It's certainly untrue. There are countless examples in fact where Mumsnet has been a lifeline for those with severe mental health issues and contemplating suicide.
But of course it wasn't a balanced piece you were looking to commission was it?

I'd be very grateful if you could please confirm that you'll correct the errors in the online version of the piece as soon as possible?
Best regards,
Justine

SKYTVADDICT Thu 11-Apr-13 11:17:02

45, Lincolnshire, no degree and no pills smile

IWantWine Thu 11-Apr-13 11:17:36

No degree. SE. Used to take AD's but didn't need them once I discovered the wisdom, wit and humour of MN and started divorce proceedings. smile

Badvoc Thu 11-Apr-13 11:19:02

2 dc
Married
Live in the Midlands
No degree
Sahm
No Prozac

ShadowsChasingGhosts Thu 11-Apr-13 11:21:03

40s, no degree, no pills, no Boden, don't live in London. However, I do live in the same town as Shona!

TSSDNCOP Thu 11-Apr-13 11:21:05

Get in Justine.

grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.