Can anyone recommend a magazine I might like....

(5 Posts)
MissTweed Tue 09-Apr-13 07:46:46

Thanks guys, I shall be buying myself a copy of easy living and red!! grin

Hoviscat Mon 08-Apr-13 20:47:23

Red is my recommendation. It is a good balance of interesting articles, fashion, lifestyle and a couple of celebrity interviews. As someone with a glossy magazine habit I find it a really good all rounder.

FIFIBEBE Mon 08-Apr-13 20:38:05

Easy Living is the nearest thing to your spec I can think of, but it does have a lot of fashion.

DieDeutschLehrerin Mon 08-Apr-13 20:23:51

I like Easy Living a lot. Had a subscription for the last few years and from what you've described it sounds as if it might suit you down to the ground. Red is quite good too. And I had a year's subscription to Gurgle as a new mum which I loved but wouldn't renew because after a year you're not so engrossed by baby gear but their not yet really big enough for the tots' fashion. I hope that helps!

MissTweed Mon 08-Apr-13 09:05:06

Morning all... I've always had a problem finding a magazine that seems aimed at 'me'...

I love the celebrity gossip of closer/heat magazine but the rest of it seems aimed at younger readers....

I love the articles in Marie Claire but hate looking at he fashion pages, loving what I see then seeing the price tag!! Similarly I don't like the fashion in the mainstream magazines which typically have high street fashion (I hate high street fashion as I'm not a fashion follower)

We buy the Sunday times because I love the magazine (mainly to look at the pictures) but the articles seem too intellectual ha!

I love the cookery aspects and home baking/ home making of good housekeeping but the articles are somethimes about HRT etc.

I'm in my early 30's, about to become a first time mum, I'm a professional (as is my DH), my tastes: we have a small cottage filled with car boot/flea market/antique fair finds (we love a bargain) I love boden clothes (although mainly bought second hand from eBay) we love rustic county style living etc etc.....

So.... Any recommendations?? Or shall I just give up? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now