Asda or Aldi?

(7 Posts)
StillGotBabyBrain Fri 17-May-13 21:23:11

I do a combination shop, some asda and some Aldi. They're very close on most prices. I like Aldi meatballs though.

The thing with Aldi is that for some unknown reason I always end up with a few random items that I didn't plan for. And yes, the whole race to get you out of the till area really makes me uncomfortable and slightly stressed!

Asda definitely. Aldi make me feel despised. The disproportionate ratio of security staff to checkout staff, the suicidal looks on the checkout staff's faces, that feckin race to scan your stuff and then tell you to pack it 'over there' - makes me feel like a leper or in some sort of ghetto.
I also don't find their basics cheaper than Asda's own brand at all. I only go to Aldi for the interesting European chilled foods these days.

NumTumDeDum Sun 21-Apr-13 08:25:53

Asda baby stuff ok, I buy their nappies and wipes. If you want branded goods go to Asda. If you just want good basics go to Aldi the prices are so much better.

LimitedEditionLady Sun 21-Apr-13 08:11:40

Lol i love asda and dont like aldi.its personal choice really.everyone likes what theyre used to x

IloveJudgeJudy Tue 02-Apr-13 01:25:12

Shopped recently in Asda as they had some good offers on wine and beer. I took the opportunity to do a weekly shop. I really wish I hadn't. I though the quality was rubbish. I then remembered that a year or two ago when I had done the same thing I told family to remind me never to do it again. I forgot this time. Won't be shopping in Asda for a very long time.

I would say Aldi probably better tbh but I detest asda with a passion

MildDrPepperAddiction Sat 16-Mar-13 09:49:35

Been ages since I shipped in Aldi/lidl. Currently shop in asda. Is there much difference in price/quality?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now