What was your favourite kids programme when you were a child?

(22 Posts)
Ridersofthestorm Wed 13-Mar-13 12:48:06

Since I've become a mum I've been introduced to kids telly all over again. Some of the new stuff is great, I particularly like the Octonauts, some if it I can't stand. I was really pleased to see Postman Pat still going as I loved it as a child. I just wondered what was your favourite kids telly whilst growing up.

jennybeadle Wed 13-Mar-13 12:49:06

Blue Peter.

Pagwatch Wed 13-Mar-13 12:52:51

TISWAS when I was a pre teen.
Before that The Double Deckers, The White Horses (was that at it was called) and Magpie

Rosa Wed 13-Mar-13 13:01:14

Blue Peter and the series that were shown on sundays one episode a week like The Secret Garden,Pollyanna. Ann of green gables etc

dopeysheep Wed 13-Mar-13 13:07:30

Rent a ghost. Mainly for the amazing special effects.

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 13-Mar-13 13:08:39

Rentaghost also.

Quenelle Wed 13-Mar-13 13:09:16

Grange Hill.

Shesparkles Wed 13-Mar-13 13:10:00

Grange Hill

GwennieF Wed 13-Mar-13 13:14:30

Flambards!

Saturday morning's used consist of a mountain of toast and marmelade, a pot of tea and an hour with my Mam infront of Flambards.....

Ridersofthestorm Wed 13-Mar-13 13:14:40

Omg yeah Grange Hill, classic stuff. God remember Mr Bronson he was one scary mother erm well yes awful but great character.
I loved Rentaghost too, I found it so funny years later that madam popov (not sure how that's spelt) was Audrey out of corrie haha

MercedesKing Thu 14-Mar-13 07:21:00

Sorry, I almost forgot what kid of kid programs I have take part in.. Always having bad memory due to some special reason..Guess it is all due to acceptance of too much stuffed education in our education system. wink Wish there were activities I could not forget when still be a kid.. Well, anyway, get to know about your unforgettable things make me smile a lot. smile

Kyrptonite Thu 14-Mar-13 07:38:11

Sabrina
Saved by the bell
Sister sister
Kenan and kel
Rugrats
Hey Arnold

Nickelodeon raised me mostly.

Also

Fresh prince
One on one
My wife and kids

BeaWheesht Thu 14-Mar-13 07:43:43

The queens nose and byker grove.

When little I liked me and you - is that what it was called?

catballou Thu 14-Mar-13 07:44:15

Ha this thread dates people! Catweazle for me

Gingerbreadlatte Thu 14-Mar-13 07:55:33

Mooncat

germyrabbit Thu 14-Mar-13 07:56:23

brady bunch

OzmaofOz Thu 14-Mar-13 07:57:39

Cities of gold, dungeons and dragons,moon dial and the chronicles of Narnia.

Ridersofthestorm Thu 14-Mar-13 16:00:25

Moon dial was such a fav of mine, really enjoyable and quite scary too for a child. I loved loved loved Byker Grove. I always thought the older kids in it were so cool haha
Does anyone remember Chocky? My god the music to that scared the life out of me

Ridersofthestorm Thu 14-Mar-13 16:02:10

Mysterious cities of gold! The music to that was ace. I never saw the end, did they ever reach the city of gold, seemed to go on forever.

OhMyNoReally Thu 14-Mar-13 16:03:32

Bertha, bagpus and trap door.

Grange Hill was the best ever, I was similar age to the first set of characters, probably a bit younger, and it made a huge impact on us at school.

Blue Peter
Flambards

OzmaofOz Thu 14-Mar-13 20:13:27

Riders not too sure, my dp bought me the DVD as a present but we never made it to the end. Might have to dig it out to watch the last episode grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now