Little Italy 26

(740 Posts)
Rosa Wed 13-Mar-13 12:11:17

Siamo qui ... Ciao a tutti !

Rosa Fri 13-Sep-13 21:45:24

Lackof sleep and 6.45 ... i can joinin. Dh went to the loo at 5 am and at 5.30 he was called to work. So the phone went off big time woke me the dds and probably the neighbours,
The other night his snoring was an all time high. Then mini rosa ( who by the way is well into being a mediarosa as she has grown so much this summer) woke and took ages to settle .
How old is she ???
If it makes you feel better minirosa started sleeping through regularly at 4.... From when I was 6 mths pg with her I diddn't know what a full nights sleep was any more..
I forgot medie start at 8 does ds have to go far ?? Does he go alone or do you have to take him?
palestra starts monday - will be hell...

Annunziata Fri 13-Sep-13 22:29:26

At least we are all sleep deprived together! She is only 6 months... I will pretend you mean 4 months and not years!

Bocca al lupo for palestra!

6 months is such a lovely age...! They usually have fractious nights when they start weaning, don't they? Fingers crossed that she soon starts to sleep a bit better!

No, school is only 10 minutes walk, but I want to have 10 mnutes for myself (drink a cup of coffee in peace) before waking him up, plus he is extremely slow in getting ready.
He walks to school with 4 other children, the plan is to let them go on their own soon, but we've been "shadowing" them these first days (first time they walked incredibly slow and were almost late, because they were too busy chatting to each other).

Argh palestra, good luck. I also have to go back into my routine.

alexpolistigers Sun 15-Sep-13 19:06:44

Ciao a tutti!

I hope you don't mind me popping in, despite not being in Italy! Think of me as an honorary Italian, as I am in Greece, and tutto il mondo e' paese, as they say!

Ciao Franca - I hope you had a good holiday on Koufonissi! I thought of you as I crossed the Adriatic!

Ciao Annunziata! How are things?

Annunziata Sun 15-Sep-13 21:53:39

Alex! Ciao lovely smile We're good, thank you! Did you enjoy your holiday?

She's at such a great age. I think she needs another few weeks before weaning though. But we were having dinner today, I was handing out plates and she just looked at me as if to say 'where's mine?!' grin

Buonasera tutti!

Hello Alex, i thought of you many times while we were in greece, we had a lovely time, Koufonissi is such a special place!
Iwas also impressed by the quality of food, the kindness, clean toilets and wifi everywhere!
What about you, how did you find Tuscany? I hope you had a great time!

Awww, Annunziata, they are so adorable when they make that face!

alexpolistigers Mon 16-Sep-13 13:02:21

I had a fabulous holiday, thankyou! It's the first time I've been to Arezzo, and I loved it! Such a green town, trees everywhere, beautiful park, the centro istorico... Sigh!

I had some lovely food, too, especially the pesce spada al vesuvio, simply delicious! And I've managed to come home with a few kilos of pasta artigianale, schiacciata con l'uva, Tuscan wine and other bits and pieces!

So glad you enjoyed Koufonissi, Franca. It seems funny to think of it having wifi everywhere, you tend to think of places like that as being off the beaten track and somehow behind the times, so it just goes to show!

Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday and yes, food can be amazing in Tuscany!

Yes, Koufonissi is perfectly 21st century: wifi and very little cars. What's not to like?

Rosa Mon 16-Sep-13 21:38:19

Hi Alex... I love thatpart of Tuscany only been inArezzo citta in the winter though.
back from the gym . i thought in the 1st 15 mins I was going to die though!!! back on Thursday for round 2 hope it gets better!!!

I am going to my first yoga class tomorrow, really looking forward to it.

Alex, I am already missing our little island... it is starting to cool down here, and I want more summer!

Rosa Wed 18-Sep-13 08:13:07

Cool her in the am then gets hot and cools down seem to be changing clothes hourly!!
Had a chance to go to mountians this w/e but dh hasn't got the energy ...has been working hard and also its his birthday...I would love just a bit more sun - that I can sit and relax in rather than being in Venice !
Have to have a ECG to get a certificate to do sport ..thing is I have a very very minor heart thingy ( no treatment or even regular checks needed its just there) and when I have an ECG I should be attached double time so it shows up ...can't find the blessed paperwork as last check I had was after minirosa was born and we have moved since !!!!! It will be with my pg paperwork ........ So where have I put that???????

Well on with the day ....

Mmmm Rosa, it's probably hiding somewhere with my hip x rays... which I can't find anywhere.

We should swap, I'd love to spend a weekend in Venice and see the Biennale. Mind you, I don't think you'd want to spend a weekend in Milan grin

Rosa Wed 18-Sep-13 18:46:58

Weeelllll I am sure that I could manage a wee bit of shopping !!
Friends went to the Biennale and said it was crap !
Spain had 3 piles of rubbish - 1 glass , 1 earth and one rubble .... Yup its not for me ! Sorry I just don't get it. I can only just make it round the Guggenheim but could spend hours in the Academia !

alexpolistigers Wed 18-Sep-13 19:14:23

It's cooling down in the evenings over here, too. You start the day in shorts and finish with trousers.

I am impressed by all you sporty people going to the gym and doing yoga. I confess that I have never been to the gym in my entire life. Not even once.

I would happily swap and go to the Biennale or to Milan, both are fine with me, if anyone wants to spend a weekend in (whispers) Alexandroupoli.

I have learnt a new Italian expression "morto un papa se ne fa un altro" and I just love it. All I need now is to meet up with some Italian speakers and find a way to slip it naturally into conversation!

Alex, you can always come on this thread and use the "morto un papa se ne fa un altro whenever you like smile!

Never been to Alexandroupoli, but I'd be pretty happy to visit greece pretty much any time of the year.

grin, Rosa, yes, I remember you saying you are not into contemporary art. I do enjoy it, I have to say.

So, come on, lets swap!

Bananagio Fri 20-Sep-13 18:11:44

ciao tutte. bloody bugs have started already. febbre and mal di gola etc this week. ds had it for a day and bounced back. I have had it for 3 days and still feel rough. oh for the constitution of a 6 year old!
Did manage to squeeze in an Ikea trip before virus hit though and got a little desk for work - 18 euros! buono no! Next weekend am going to Firenze for a day to see my brother who is over and the weeknd after dp has said he wants to treat us to a weekend in Napoli so am pleasantly surprised (and slightly suspicious - dp is not the surprising type ...).
lol at the morto un papa phrase Alex. I remember that was one of the first phrases I learnt in Italian and I loved it too!
Whats everyone up to this weekend?

Annunziata Fri 20-Sep-13 20:41:53

Ciao a tutti, spero vado bene. Such a good week here. DS2 and 3 had their Fresher's Week, DS4 got his first job, and the baby got her tooth!

Morto un papa se ne fa un altro... that always reminds me of my MIL, that's one of her sayings grin

This weekend, pranzo with DH's family on Sunday. SIL is going to cook, yay!

Rosa Sat 21-Sep-13 08:07:35

My first phrase was ti spacco la faccia !!!!!!! I have haerd the papa one but never used it..until now !!!!
Well its dh birthday ..minirosa has a cold no febbre so think we will go out for lunch and go and see smurf 2 !!!! Then domani we will have the family for lunch possibly ( that is if I get the things we need today!,,) its the grande navi protest and we need to get the car . The buses are on a scipoero bianco and they say it will be worse today so we might not even make it to the car.
Hey wern't we all supposed to be meeting in Firenze in autunno ..Gio you will just have to come back!!!
As for Napoli and a weekend away fabbo may your dp keep coming up with surprises!!!
Better get going . i gave dh a fitbit and he is well pleased - I managed to find a gadget that he haddn't thought of weeeyyy hayyyyy!!! God now have Christmas to contemplate!!!

Well done for getting a great present, Rosa and happy birthday to MrRosa (what's a fitbit btw?)

We don't have much planned for the weekend, just try to rest as much as possible as we haven't adjusted to waking up at 6.50 in the week yet.
Ds and dh have just gone to the funeral of the grandmother of ds's dearest friend. Me and dd are going to the local mercato. Then it's going to be homework and boh!

Annunziata, well done your children!

IKea, ooooh, I have just flipped through the new catalogue and want to buy pretty much everything.
As for the we in Naples... that is just amazing! Bravo your dh Gio!

flipped? Is it the right verb? Someties I think I have visions...

Annunziata Sat 21-Sep-13 20:58:41

Buonasera, buon compleanno a Mr Rosa! But please, no Christmas just yet!!

Flipped or flicked, I think either or.

Just about to sit and watch Montalbano and sigh over some sunshine and beaches smile

Rosa Sun 22-Sep-13 08:31:02

www.amazon.it/Un-Fitbit-Fitness-Tracker-nero/dp/B009OC8W96/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1379834628&sr=8-2&keywords=fitbit

he loves gadgets ..plus if it works then that is my Christmas present sorted as I could do with one !!!! Wells everybody is coming for lunch , the house is a tip but hey ho its only family ( Italian family !) DH going beer drinking in Monaco next week only 2 nights but 3 days .
I have an ikea visit coming on very soon thing it is it might be a big one . We need a new bed . Popped into Mondo convenienza as Dh saw a sofa he liked ( could do with one of them as well ...ours was lire 330 10 years ago) but I thought they were a bit tacky ! Anyway MUST go

Buona Domenica tutti.

I cannot get on with Montalbano it just grates on me ..but I love the scenery !

Oh, that is a good one, Rosa!

Yesterday I had a very domestic day, I cooked and baked and felt rather pleased with myself.
I now need to go (AGAIN) to the cartoleria and buy some more material for ds.

Bananagio Tue 24-Sep-13 18:04:59

Nice present Rosa. How did the lunch with the family go? I have restarted doing the dreaded Shred after deciding i can no longer blame my broken ankle of over a year ago for doing no exercise .....
Ds's birthday coming up. He has informed me he doesnt want animatore, wants to do it at a little park where they have one of the houses with palline in and a bouncy castle but discovered its because mr furbo was hoping I would then lash out for thousands of gettone for all the kids to play on the amusements that are there. Yeah right! So have told him to think hard because if the only reason he wants to do it there is because he plans to wear me down on the day he can bugger off!
Just had a lovely walk round a long overdue to be opened park near us. Its only 2 mins walk away and is lovely! Gorgeous panoramic view of San Pietro, slides, swings etc. If some enterprising soul would open a bar there it would be perfect!

Yo, Gio I loved the Mancunian mums sketch grin!

Very pleased you now have a new park Gio, enjoy! (and furbo master gio! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now