Claiming for a cancelled flight in 2008

(6 Posts)
LIZS Thu 21-Feb-13 15:26:58

Think this is what you are referring to and may be a starting point but it has to be the airline's fault , so adverse weather, redirection due to strike etc may well not be covered.

mindermummy Thu 21-Feb-13 15:19:13

Yes they did arrange the new flight, but still, 10 hours later a d taken to a new airport was never really except table . I was never happy with the whole thing, and as I said I did try to complain afterwards but got no where. Since then, I have now seen on tv how many people are claiming back as far as 7 years ago...so that's why I was investigating.x

LIZS Fri 15-Feb-13 07:15:35

Surely they dealt with the issue at the time by finding you an alternative route, did they pay for your extra travel to airport and flight, and it was 5 years ago !

mindermummy Thu 14-Feb-13 19:39:30

Sorry...what do you mean?! Xx

LIZS Thu 14-Feb-13 16:06:20

Are you sure it is retrospective ?

mindermummy Thu 14-Feb-13 14:54:48

After seeing Martin lewis say we can claim back on cancelled flights I thought it may be worth a go.....we had a flight cancelled and got taken to new airport....new flight. 10 hours later!!! I did write at time and not a no that I could not claim. But now with this new eu law...can I get somewhere ?!?! Where would I start? Are there companies that help? I have no reference to us being on flight, no paperwork, but do have flight number. Any help great.xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now