I need a hand to hold please - part 2

(407 Posts)
WhenSantaGotStuckUpACunnyFunt Mon 31-Dec-12 20:04:01

My second thread. The first is awaiting deletion due to details that were in the thread.

Basically, my brother is in intensive care with multiple stab wounds, he is stable, but critical. So he could go either way.

At the moment it doesn't feel real to me, I feel like I'm in a soap or something! It's very surreal sad

Horsemad Fri 05-Apr-13 15:05:19

Really hope he gets rid of the feeding tube soon.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Thu 04-Apr-13 20:03:06

He's hungry constantly, he's a skinny little thing and needs about 3000 calories a day, instead he's only getting 1200 with the bagged stuff!

Sunnywithshowers Thu 04-Apr-13 19:57:16

I'm sorry to hear that Cunny, it's really crap. I hope the doctors are able to take it out sooner.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Thu 04-Apr-13 19:54:56

Poor David sad he found out today that he's got to keep his feeding tube in for at least 2 months!!

Sunnywithshowers Fri 29-Mar-13 14:30:25

Poor David, that's rough. I hope that he's able to eat again soon.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Fri 29-Mar-13 14:14:40

I've just seen my grandma who told me more about Davids release, turns out he was let out straight away because he can't actually eat shock he's been given a supply of bagged food, enough to last 28 days. He still has his feeding tube in hanging out his nose!

Horsemad Fri 29-Mar-13 08:56:51

Great news! Don't overdo the Easter egg eating David!!!

Sunnywithshowers Thu 28-Mar-13 21:23:38

Whoop! Whoop! <sparklers>

Fantastic news - well done David. And big hugs to you and your family xxx

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Thu 28-Mar-13 18:20:48

He's out! Already! He had his eating test at 3.30 this afternoon and he's home already!

Sunnywithshowers Wed 27-Mar-13 22:30:41

Good idea Cunny. Poor David, he must be very frustrated (and hungry!).

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Wed 27-Mar-13 10:28:02

Ooh sorry, only just seen this! He's very fed up, he hasn't had an eating test yet! That's tomorrow and hopefully they'll x-ray him then too. He can't wait to get back out.

Think I'm going to ask for this to be moved, I don't want it to go poof and it's due to go soon I think.

MelodyBaker Sun 24-Mar-13 07:16:46

How is he? I am sorry your family are going through this. It is one of those things you hope will never happen too you , hope your looking after yourself x

Sunnywithshowers Sun 24-Mar-13 01:09:23

Hi Cunny, how's David? x

ripsishere Wed 20-Mar-13 04:50:58

I missed your earlier updates.
Scars? pah. Scars are nothing. He is alive.
I bet he isn't so keen on MacD's now.
Well done David, onward and upward.

Sunnywithshowers Wed 20-Mar-13 00:40:17

That sounds awful Cunny sad

Horsemad Tue 19-Mar-13 23:49:03

Hi Cunny, hope David continues to improve.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 19-Mar-13 23:34:10

I saw his back shock I thought his front was bad enough, he's got a 4-5" scar across his throat and a few scars on his chest (a couple from the knife but most are from drains etc), but omg his back! There's about 13 separate stab scars all over his back sad it looks an awful mess even though they've long since healed.

Sunnywithshowers Tue 19-Mar-13 23:25:54

I'm sorry to hear that Cunny, I hope that David is well again soon. x

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 19-Mar-13 23:08:11

He is so fed up, went to visit him this evening. He's back out of ICU now and onto the normal ward. He's got a swallow test tomorrow and they're going to xray him as he eats to see where exactly the food is going. The reason for his chest infection wasn't actually the bit of sick that went into his lungs. The actual reason is that even though he was able to eat food and pass it ok, little bits were going the wrong way and ended up in his lungs! The McD's just finished him off

xxDebstarxx Wed 13-Mar-13 17:54:51

Come on David, you can do it!

He seems like such a fighter Cunny I hope he gets better soon.

Horsemad Wed 13-Mar-13 17:48:09

Oh no sad

Really hoping it is sorted soon and he's home again before too long.

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Wed 13-Mar-13 17:33:20

Well David's freedom was short lived, he's back in ICU now. Mum picked him up from hospital and treated him to McDonalds (the nurse said he could eat anything as long as he chewed really well) and he was fine but late last night he started throwing up a lot (he was at his wifes house) and DW rang my mum who told her to ring an ambulance. Turns out a bit of sick got in his lungs and he's now sedated, on the ventilator with a chest infection sad

Wonderful news. Bet you never thought a McDonald's meal would be good for someone's health!

TheCunnyFuntIsAGrittersFiancee Tue 12-Mar-13 14:44:31

Well he left hospital at half 12, his first stop was McDonalds grin

escorpion Tue 12-Mar-13 13:31:42

Have been following this thread for a while and just wanted to say how pleased I am for you and your family. What great news that David has made an excellent recovery. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now