Ok I give up, what's wrong with me?

(32 Posts)
Micha54178 Sun 11-Nov-12 20:27:28

I don't mean to sound like I'm feeling sorry for myself, but I really don't understand why I have no friends at all!! I am 35, married have three children (14, 4 and 6 weeks). I think I'm a nice person, loyal and honest and yet I am complete unable to hold on to a friendship. The last time I had a friend to chat to, go out with etc was at least ten years ago?
I don't get it? I'm not a horrible person, I'm friendly and chatty? So why can't I have a freind? I have found that I tend to loose friends as they move away or do something fairly unforgivable. I would love to make a few freinds for girls nights, shopping, trip with the kids? Am I asking to much? Where is everybody? After having my baby a few weeks ago and no longer working I do feel lonely, I guess it never really bothered me before... What am I doing wrong? How do I go about making freinds? Any ideas?

CatsRule Wed 14-Nov-12 23:16:35

It has only been in the last couple of weeks that I have left him...more to help him cope when I go back to work...if I had my way I wouldn't let him out of my sight too...how pfb am I grin

It has amazed me how possessive I have become with him! I trust my mum to do things the way I want too (she was a crazy pfb type mother too so understands)

I still can't believe how someone so small can create such havoc in a house...he has more things than dh and I put together!

HorridHeffalumpsWickedWoozles Wed 14-Nov-12 23:31:23

cats I have the same feeling of bewilderment at the tornado effect my two can create, and DD2 is only 6 weeks old!

CatsRule Thu 15-Nov-12 07:58:51

Tornado grin that's exactly it...and what ds is doing to my living room right now!

Micha54178 Thu 15-Nov-12 12:28:32

A successful morning at playgroup, dd2 now eating lunch and watching barbie, while ds1 feeds and may just drop off for a little while. Today is beginning to look like it might go to plan, I might even be able to get some housework done!! Hope your day is going well

Micha54178 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:56:47

Heff I just tried to send a pm to you but it's not working!!!

HorridHeffalumpsWickedWoozles Thu 15-Nov-12 18:39:02

I've got yours but it won't let me reply now! Will try again when I'm home on wifi maybe my phone connection is too slow. Glad playgroup went well, did you mange to get much housework done?

HorridHeffalumpsWickedWoozles Fri 16-Nov-12 00:17:43

Right so I think I've managed to pm you but again it hasn't told me its sent... <irritating> Sorry if you get a hundred messages again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now