The story behind your username

(137 Posts)
JoMumof3 Sun 30-Sep-12 21:51:34

I'm pretty new to this and chose my user name before I realised everyone had such interesting names on here. I was just wondering if people would like to share the story behind their name......

I think the weekend I joined mumsnet I made many many crumbles forthe freezer and this is what DH named mesmile

Clarabumps Sun 14-Oct-12 11:01:54

My name is Clara, i've very clumsy and had a big huge bump when I joined.

fanjobiscuits Sun 14-Oct-12 10:54:42

biscuit biscuit biscuit [fanjo]

fanjobiscuits Sun 14-Oct-12 10:53:50

For convenience, you understand.

fanjobiscuits Sun 14-Oct-12 10:50:45

I keep my biscuits in my fanjo.

Because of this except that I'd only ever heard the routine so spelled it wrong! sad

SeriouslySleepDeprived I think we have a lot in common. confused

Seriouslysleepdeprived Wed 10-Oct-12 19:43:47

Name says it all really...

LittleRaindrop Tue 02-Oct-12 10:32:14

Thank you for the heads up BlameItOnTheCuervo, I will be careful with what I say. I wonder if they would be OK with me pointing people to Twitter if anyone is interested?

Thank you Empress, it is a really exciting time. I saw the illustrations last week which was pretty special smile

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Mon 01-Oct-12 16:24:31

That must be so exciting, LittleRaindrop, congratulations.

ByTheWay1 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:30:25

I tend to say..... by the way a lot .... and after leaving when all the threads seemed to be doom and gloom and rehashing old things over and over and over - ended up with having to put a 1 on there.....

smoothieooo Mon 01-Oct-12 14:29:02

Many years ago when I was working in meedja, I was having a discussion with some colleagues about being smart - apparently the more intelligent you are, the more ridged and pitted your brain is. The accusation levelled at me was that I was such a dumb-ass, that my brain was as smooth as an egg. hmm

Years (and career change) later, I'm still called by my MN name by some people...

ShesADreamer Mon 01-Oct-12 14:27:32

My first retired racing greyhound's registered racing name.

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 14:24:31

That's lovely, just to warn you, mnhq don't allow promotion or advertising onboard, unless yoiu pay the fee.

aufaniae Mon 01-Oct-12 14:19:56

Welcome, LittleRaindrop - lovely name smile

JoMumof3 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:12:45

Wow, thank you everyone for replying. I couldn't believe it when I logged back on. I never thought about the whole not wanting people to know who you are issue, hopefully I'm never going to be so controversial on here that I'll need to hide! I like the idea of having 2 usernames and switching between them though!

I think I am going to have to change my user name to something more exciting. I'm going to become LittleRaindrop I think, because in March I'm having a my first ever picture book published which is called The Little Raindrop (I'm sure you'll all hear more about it nearer the time smile)

DowntonOut Mon 01-Oct-12 13:19:17

Felt I was too prolific on here and had shared to much personal stuff under my original name no name-changes. Had Downton on my mind and the name is a word play on Down and Out (was feeling a bit miserable at the time).

I have since discovered DowntonTrout - Our NCs were around a similar time from what I can gather, but are not related. When I can think of something, I might NC again.

MerlinScot Mon 01-Oct-12 13:08:36

Merlin has been my nick offline for ages too, it was given to me by an American online friend I met years ago. She said I was better than a magician, so she said "you're better than Merlin!" and so it stuck with me. Scot is referring to Scotland, where I live. It came out only because Merlin was a nick already taken everywhere!!

greenandcabbagelooking Mon 01-Oct-12 13:00:48

I contributed "I'm not as green as I'm cabbage looking" to a thread about old saying jut after joining, when I had a very boring name. I thought it had good nickname potential, so with a bit of altering it became my name.

BlameItOnTheCuervo Mon 01-Oct-12 12:58:08

Nananaps, are yoiiu my sis? That's a term she uses!

nananaps Mon 01-Oct-12 12:50:23

im up the duff and need lots of nananaps of an afternoon at the mo.

I'm named after one of my favourite songs by my favourite singer. It tells the story of him being in love with an English songwriter who broke his heart just when he was about to tell her he loves her. If Ds had been dd she would have been named after the English songwriter. Ds is named in one of his other songs. I am a huge obsessed stalker fan grin

MrsAceRimmer Mon 01-Oct-12 12:16:46

Have name changed to this for the Red Dwarf new series. I can only dream that he'll be mine blush
My nn before was IsSamNormansDad, a result of DS watching far too much Fireman Sam while I was pregnant with DD, and lets face it, we all wonder grin

nipersvest Mon 01-Oct-12 11:53:59

mine is a recent name change. many years ago, when i first joined mn, it was me who posted a link to another forum, who were discussing mn in terms of it being a vipers nest. nipersvest is a play on that. i used it briefly ages ago but am now using it permanently.

MamaGeekChic Mon 01-Oct-12 11:53:23

I'm a mother to 17mo DD, I work in the IT industry, I love all things style and beauty related.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now