The story behind your username

(137 Posts)
JoMumof3 Sun 30-Sep-12 21:51:34

I'm pretty new to this and chose my user name before I realised everyone had such interesting names on here. I was just wondering if people would like to share the story behind their name......

smoothieooo Mon 01-Oct-12 14:29:02

Many years ago when I was working in meedja, I was having a discussion with some colleagues about being smart - apparently the more intelligent you are, the more ridged and pitted your brain is. The accusation levelled at me was that I was such a dumb-ass, that my brain was as smooth as an egg. hmm

Years (and career change) later, I'm still called by my MN name by some people...

ByTheWay1 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:30:25

I tend to say..... by the way a lot .... and after leaving when all the threads seemed to be doom and gloom and rehashing old things over and over and over - ended up with having to put a 1 on there.....

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Mon 01-Oct-12 16:24:31

That must be so exciting, LittleRaindrop, congratulations.

LittleRaindrop Tue 02-Oct-12 10:32:14

Thank you for the heads up BlameItOnTheCuervo, I will be careful with what I say. I wonder if they would be OK with me pointing people to Twitter if anyone is interested?

Thank you Empress, it is a really exciting time. I saw the illustrations last week which was pretty special smile

Seriouslysleepdeprived Wed 10-Oct-12 19:43:47

Name says it all really...

SeriouslySleepDeprived I think we have a lot in common. confused

Because of this except that I'd only ever heard the routine so spelled it wrong! sad

fanjobiscuits Sun 14-Oct-12 10:50:45

I keep my biscuits in my fanjo.

fanjobiscuits Sun 14-Oct-12 10:53:50

For convenience, you understand.

fanjobiscuits Sun 14-Oct-12 10:54:42

biscuit biscuit biscuit [fanjo]

Clarabumps Sun 14-Oct-12 11:01:54

My name is Clara, i've very clumsy and had a big huge bump when I joined.

I think the weekend I joined mumsnet I made many many crumbles forthe freezer and this is what DH named mesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now