The story behind your username

(137 Posts)
JoMumof3 Sun 30-Sep-12 21:51:34

I'm pretty new to this and chose my user name before I realised everyone had such interesting names on here. I was just wondering if people would like to share the story behind their name......

No spare time MN ate it grin

redadmiralsinthegarden Sun 30-Sep-12 22:08:42

was looking for inspiration for a name-change. happened to notice red admirals on the buddleija, but (as you can see), I couldn't be arsed to find out how to spell buddleija properly grin

Eglantyne Sun 30-Sep-12 22:09:23

Two famous Eglantynes. One was Chaucer's prioress, who wasn't what she appeared to be on the surface. The other was the founder of Save the Children. Both alluding to my fear that one day someone will notice that I'm actually just pretending to know what I'm doing re parenting...

AncientsOfMuMu Sun 30-Sep-12 22:10:20

I roam across the land garden

LetUsPrey Sun 30-Sep-12 22:10:32

I saw mine on a t-shirt stretched across Steve Backshall's chest grin

I started with A name which described me and my interests.

Then I changed one word for halloween and didn't get around to changing back.

Then I need to name change so I just edited each of the 3 words to a synonym and ended up with hauntedlittlelunatic.

GnomeDePlume Sun 30-Sep-12 22:11:47

I am short, fat and wear feathers

isitmidnightalready Sun 30-Sep-12 22:12:01

I used to frequently same my name in surprise as I realise the time, whilst I lurk on MN. Now I am in bed much earlier, or much later if I find a good thread on mumsnet...

SPsFanjoHarboursDeadCatsAgain Sun 30-Sep-12 22:12:58

A article about a woman who's fella found a dead cat in her fat folds when he went down on her!

Usual everyday things of course grin

I have tremendous Norks.
They are not always under control
I love Victorian literature

Lawks-a-mussy!

Maryz Sun 30-Sep-12 22:15:31

Mine is rivetingly interesting and unusual.

There are no other Marys in the entire world [gavel]

I've been here since the dawn of time before user names were invented to be interesting

Yddraigoldragon Sun 30-Sep-12 22:15:57

Half Welsh, half English, dragon in both...

Maryz Sun 30-Sep-12 22:17:05

<tries to figure out who HLL is and can only come up with SpookyTinyNutter confused

chocolateteabag Sun 30-Sep-12 22:17:41

I meant to put chocolate teapot (as in "as much use as a") however had a brain fart and put bag instead
I like it though and often occasionally think how nice chocolate tea bags would actually be.

JustSpiro Sun 30-Sep-12 22:20:27

I was DumSpiroSpero after one of Lucas North's (Spooks) tattoos grin. The MNr's that know me call me Spiro, but otherwise I was constantly getting shortened to Dum - hence JustSpiro.

Now I get shortened to Just instead...confused

EdgarAllanPond Sun 30-Sep-12 22:21:48

WHen i was 17, i had a nice 1970 edition of the complete works of Edgar Allan Poe with beautiful illustrations.

i think the first version was Edgar Allan Poo because i was potty training at the time...

Previous NN was a Firefly class spaceship, but changed to this because of a thread about Supernatural and its rather nice trenchcoat wearing exAngel. It was supposed to be temporary but I liked it so decided to keep it. (MrDTK is on my profile, sadly he doesn't belong to me)

Oh and just in case the real MrsDTK is on here (or someone who knows her) Congratulations on the birth of your daughter, she's absolutely bloody adorable (and kudos on looking so good so soon after giving birth) grin thanks and have a nice brew

BestIsWest Sun 30-Sep-12 22:23:26

Because West IS Best. This is what I think every evening as I travel home from work into the sunset. Someone already had the name WestIsBest and only ever posted once.

Annunziata Sun 30-Sep-12 22:23:47

This is my birth certificate name, but I go by something else in RL. I still love it though.

AnneElliott Sun 30-Sep-12 22:25:01

Persuasion is my favourite book ever

bonnieslilsister Sun 30-Sep-12 22:27:04

My sister was known on line as bonnie for ages and I am her much younger and better looking lil sister. She is now ImperialBlether

aufaniae Sun 30-Sep-12 22:28:02

I joined a TTC thread, and chose aufaniae after a group of ancient European fertility goddesses. Thought it was apt. And if I believed in such things I'd say it was lucky as I was only on the TTC thread for under three weeks before getting a BFP (previously had been trying for about 5 months!) and am now 12 weeks pregnant smile

I was going through a messy divorce when I joined MN, I occasionally had bad days, but the day I joined I was having a good day. My other NN is TodaysNotAGoodDay, but I haven't used that one for ages now.

FairPhyllis Sun 30-Sep-12 22:31:02

Fair Phyllis is a Tudor madrigal by John Farmer: here

I am named after a delicious cocktail of my own invention I think . It's two measures of champagne and one of sloe gin and makes you want to dance grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now