vuoi (vuole?) parlare italianese

(1000 Posts)
Alameda Sat 15-Sep-12 16:49:56

please please I beg on my knees

Alameda Sun 18-Nov-12 22:01:55

it's an effort if you're not in the mood isn't it? Plus I happily eat the cheapest dry pasta and never buy the posh stuff blush unless want a special shape or need fresh then I think it's cheaper to make it (when eggs are free). Machine is broken though so last time had to use a wine bottle!

Don't know about spicy fillings, last time roasted butternut squash but peeling and chopping that is worse than making pasta (sono troppo pigra) was thinking of making some red pesto with extra chili flakes and maybe chicken? Dunno, not really feeling it yet! grin Any ideas? What are you having for Christmas?

Annunziata Mon 19-Nov-12 13:55:12

Yeah, spaghetti or linguine isn't too bad but it seems so much time! I really need to have help to make enough. How do you manage eggs for free, have you chickens?

Non so, spero che vui aviavu una ricetta!

For Christmas we are having
stuffed peppers
focacce
melanzana
olives
salads
pepperoni, salami, boccicio,
baccala
ravioli
spaghetti pomodoro
gnocchi
tuna with beans
turkey
potatoes, veg etc

Then cassata, cannoli, cuccidato, torrone, gelato, coffee, tea, Quality Street, someone will probably break out the whisky, and then we will explode!

Annunziata Mon 19-Nov-12 13:58:06

Actually, I think I'll make lasagne and meatballs as well.

Alameda Mon 19-Nov-12 20:56:05

shock All that? Pazzesco! Davvero? can I come too! I'll help, I'm good at pasta smile will you make absolutely everything, even the cassata and the cannoli?

used to have chickens but a fox got them sad my daughter has loads but none laying at the moment, I suppose I could BUY some eggs

where is everyone else? I have been looking after that little boy a lot lately, forgot to do my Italian homework (answering questions on an essay about FOOD) will never catch up

Annunziata Mon 19-Nov-12 21:30:49

Non so sad iddi eccita pi Santa Claus? E beddu quannu sunnu bambini, properly magical!

Povero chickens. I imagine that you live on a farm, with so many animals grin

Si, perque semu <counts on fingers and toes> na 25? Mi penso ch'ancora mi frati veni, alora 30? Iu, mamma, mi sori e suocera cocinu tutti. Miei figghia aiuta. DD2 e una pasticeria, mamme e idda faranu cassata e cannoli. Chistu anni volia agustari fari torrone. DD1 nun avi nienti interest, niente, (si, certo, manciari, idda comu to papa, nun so chi'iu fa aviri na figghia l'comu) ma almeno quello che si diconu. Of course you can help, I warn you now my mother is brutal grin Flying cucciarelli and dishcloths on the back of your legs if you don't behave!!!

Annunziata Mon 19-Nov-12 22:10:18

Alora, sentu male, DD n'e pigra, just not interested in cooking. Idda e molto molto intelligenti, e fa molto travagghaia. Studia aeronautical engineering, can you believe that? I can't! Vaiu lei dari una vasuneddu, mi figghina brava.

Sogni d'oro!

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 10:41:30

oh wow, is she in the RAF or a normal civilian sort of student? I didn't think you said she was lazy anyway! More interested in eating food than preparing it, that's all I read. If I did my homework and showed up at Italian circle more often I might understand more blush anyway you must be very proud of her, when does she graduate? Will she be a pilot?

sto di merda a bit today, it's so dark and cold and rainy all the time, I'm daydreaming about corsica for August (13yo wants to go to France, a good compromise?) and will just swim across to sardegna for provolone now and then smile

Annunziata Tue 20-Nov-12 12:50:09

Oh no, just a student! Colpa mia, parru Sicilianu/ Glaswegian/ Italianu, I am surprised that anyone understands me grin She has 2 years left. Spero nun si un pilot, idda mania come una maniac (scuuussaa, terrible pun!), la sangu sicilliana mi penso, ajeri she reversed the full length along our street, mamma mia, I nearly strangled her. grin (but sooooo proud. I can't believe it!)

Corsica, che beddu! August is so far away though. Accudu, il invernu sembra never ending!

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 17:43:29

haha, couldn't she bothered to turn round? Sorry but the driving is one of my favourite things!

I know you are not Francesco's biggest fan but ever since he called me a beautiful spiteful monkey I have been enjoying our email romance eg: "ti aspetto penso spesso alla tua bocca"

Annunziata Tue 20-Nov-12 19:34:01

Che puisia grin you are still emailing? That's good!

Iddu nun pensava a vutava, avia ritunari alora idda ritunava! I have a love hate relationship with the driving, it's so fun blush ancora aviti maniati docu?

Stasira Celtic play Lisbon. If they win, they get last 16... I have a full house again! All very nervous!

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 21:01:32

Ooh good luck Celtic again grin

Puisia = poesia? I agree, he is no Lentini!

Annunziata Tue 20-Nov-12 21:19:28

Grazzi, 'lannu bisognu, 2-1... uh oh. Siamo nei guai!

Lentini AC Milan? confused

Annunziata Tue 20-Nov-12 21:20:42

l'annu. Scusa.

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 21:25:56

AC Milan

you just Made me choke on a cupcake grin

Lentini Lentini Lentini, he invented the sonnet, I paid my respects to him on the way from Siracusa to Catania

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 21:28:42

look lentini

sorry about Celtic, is it all over? I want to do a sad face but I am still laughing!

Annunziata Tue 20-Nov-12 21:36:00

Nun rideri, sugnu la cidrulina di familia blush grin

Eeh, alora, 2-1, cosi... ma they still have one game to play.

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 21:43:01

cidrulina? Credo di no! (although non so questa parola, penso you are not being nice to yourself?!)

sorry, poor Celtic, who's next?

Annunziata Tue 20-Nov-12 21:52:36

Cidrule- cucumber/ stupid grin Mi papa mi chiamava 'cidrulina' affectionately, non molto portatu allo studio, anzi, my grades were truly terrible. Mi frati ancora mi preso in giro perque eranu puzzi.

I have other talents grin

Moscow, but at home, so they will have the crowd smile

Alameda Tue 20-Nov-12 23:06:13

Aaaaah cidrule = cetriolo, you are good at teaching me things anyway!

I'm sorry I laughed, maybe Lentini is not very famous, I studied him a bit (and Petrarch who usually gets all the credit) at university otherwise I'm sure I wouldn't have heard of him either?

I blame all these poets for my obsession with Italy, you bump into their ghosts everywhere you go

Alameda Wed 21-Nov-12 12:52:43

ugh, oggi sono giù again ma ciao, spero che stai bene etc

Annunziata Wed 21-Nov-12 14:57:56

Ach it's fine to laugh! grin I have not heard of him either, oh dear. Did you study English at university?

Tirarti, cara thanks

Alameda Wed 21-Nov-12 15:51:49

ah lovely lovely flowers, thank you! I just picked a rose from the garden, mad, really strange time of year for it? Especially when it's so dark? This is supposed to be one of the sunniest bits in the British isles but you'd never know!

It could be worse, I could be Icelandic or something confused but in happier news made plans with one of the catania bloggers to meet and follow st agata around in feb.

Annunziata Wed 21-Nov-12 19:58:01

A chistu tempu? Che stanu!

Nun piace essiri Icelandic, it is dark and cold enough up here! That will be amazing, that's the one that goes on all night, isn't it?

Avemu bisognu di a new thread smile

Alameda Thu 22-Nov-12 12:03:02

Yes with loads of fireworks, hooray, three days in total I think? I don't know if I want to eat her boob cakes though confused but will be exciting to get close to her actual relics, if we can. I was a morbid child and loved that sort of thing and still do, a bit blush

Cosa fai oggi? Stasera e una cena enormous-a, mia figlia ha preparata most of it, phew.

Annunziata Thu 22-Nov-12 17:12:18

Ciao! Oh no, they are lovely, you have to try them grin (the cakes, not the relics).

Che c'e per cena? Una figlia brava, cocinare pi so mamma! Spero piacce a to.

Oggi, tutti mi bambini ci raffreddore, poveri! Ds1 dissi, di fatto, influenzata e, iddu ammalatto e, no, dyyinggg. He is sitting on the couch in his pyjamas (with trains on them) sniffing and feeling sorry for himself. Ci fici pasteen, poveretto. E avutri, durmianu zinu pranzo, e sunnu molto pallidu.

Mille! Mamma mia!

This thread is not accepting new messages.