How do you dissolve a massive toilet-blocking poo?

(51 Posts)

That's it really, dd's constipation is back. My first thought is washing up liquid perhaps, to work on the fat particles. Can't face going at it with a knife just yet.

ripsishere Mon 16-Jul-12 07:27:49

Big bucket of water tipped from as high as you can manage.

DukeHumfrey Mon 16-Jul-12 07:29:27

If you have another loo, leave it 24 hrs and then flush a few times again. It will start to break up.
<you may wish to leave the lid down>

redlac Mon 16-Jul-12 07:31:05

Bleach and a kettle full of boiling water

pmgkt Mon 16-Jul-12 07:38:44

Loo cleaner and leave, it will disolve it.

Ah hot water! Has been soaking in loo cleaner all night to no avail. Thanks all.

giraffesCantFitInThePalace Mon 16-Jul-12 08:00:35

do you have a bread stick?

poke it with a breadstick then you can let the breadstick mush up in the water - saves the whole haveing to poke it then remove the poking impliment.

I did it when petitie 3yr old child did a MASSIVE shite.

disclaimer - I have no idea if flushing a mushed up bread stick down the toilet will break your toilet.

Cosmostocupcakes Mon 16-Jul-12 08:01:25

Hi - tried and tested - you may need to break down with wire coat hanger first buy put two dishwasher tabs or a scoop of laundry detergent - add boiling water - leave for as long as possible - now get on rubber gloves and a trusty mop (you will need to replace the Mop head after) and use the mop like a plunger - have a plastic bag (with no holes wink) nearby for quick removal of mop head - job done grin

Hope it works for you - this had worked many times when all else had failed - especially if loo not draining! And almost flooding! blush

giraffesCantFitInThePalace Mon 16-Jul-12 08:02:27

keep us updated - its like bobble plate in reverse

3littlefrogs Mon 16-Jul-12 08:04:22

A large scoop of biological washing powder.

Put the lid down and go and do something else for an hour.

Flush.

Sloobreeus Mon 16-Jul-12 08:26:33

Washing soda (a 1kg bag from the supermarket costs pennies). A few handfuls down the lav plus some very hot water (say a washing-up bowl full). Leave for a hour or two, then flush.

Hot water skimmed a few milimetres off the top, 3hrs with a dishwasher tab has done nothing. It's now soaking in Cillit Bang because that stuff corrodes stainless steel, surely it can make a dent in a poo? Even one that must have damaged the space-time continuum in order to teleport from my tiny, tiny 9yr old. Maybe I should just reverse the polarities, that always works in Star Trek.

Will start poking it with rice cakes next (got no breadsticks).

shrimponastick Mon 16-Jul-12 14:03:16

One of DSSs used to do this all the time. Bucket of hot water poured from a height used to work eventually.

The other DSS used to block it using excess toilet paper. I swear - that kid must have used almost a whole roll once - no wonder it got stuck...

If you reeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly felt brave you would just stick your hand in grin

shrimponastick Mon 16-Jul-12 14:03:40

<snigger> at poking with rice cakes grin

bonzo77 Mon 16-Jul-12 14:07:12

open up a wire coat hanger and poke at it a bit. flush then poke again. repeat till poo had gone to pooland. wipe hanger with bog roll to prevent drips then put straight into outside bin.

foofooyeah Mon 16-Jul-12 14:07:57

a lot of bleach usually works in our house but this sounds like a particularly resistant poo!

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 16-Jul-12 14:08:37

Wire coat hanger, chop into segments in manner of cheese, flush loo, BIN HANGER!

SkinnyVanillaLatte Mon 16-Jul-12 14:10:09

Hand blender?

grin

RightUpMyRue Mon 16-Jul-12 14:13:55

A breadstick to tackle a massive poo?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! grin

Love MN sometimes.

SkinnyVanillaLatte Mon 16-Jul-12 14:16:41

Seriously,can you direct it with the loo brush so its head-on to the bowl,so its got a fighting chance of shooting down without getting stuck sideways on.

A kind of bizarre twist on poo sticks......

frankie4 Mon 16-Jul-12 14:17:02

Blow up a carrier bag and use it as a plunger - I got this advice a few years ago from mn!

BonkeyMollocks Mon 16-Jul-12 14:22:20

Pmsl at poking poo with breadsticks!! grin

topsyturner Mon 16-Jul-12 14:26:05

Skinny
grin grin grin at hand blender !!!

LeonardoAcropolis Mon 16-Jul-12 14:27:17

Chop it up with an unravelled wire coat hanger, a little piece of you may die in the process but it should work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now