To WIIT to whoohoo! 5th thread

(986 Posts)
100years Mon 16-Apr-12 16:17:11

Well what happens now? grin

Old thread

AmandaCooper Mon 18-Feb-13 19:43:51

No I still can't really believe it will even though I am ginormous! Just playing the waiting game now as baby is due on Saturday. Hope I'm not going to get carved apart after 36 hours of agony like a lot of people you talk to. At least I'll finally have my baby though after all the waiting. I might have to have a genuine elephant parade! grin

Are you worried that if your DH gets wind that you might not be 100% it might mean TTC is completely off the cards again? There seem to have been some glimmers of hope on that score recently. Have you discussed it at all? x

bebejones Mon 18-Feb-13 20:08:00

No discussions, he's had a horrid coughing bug for a month and is mega stressed with work so it's not been a good time to bring it up. He just doesn't need the added worry of me having a flare up. I just can't decide whether to ring the nurse or not confused Sometimes it seems ok, staying the same...and then a few hours later I think it might be worse! For now I have no loss of movement or pressure sensation. It feels like when your leg goes to sleep and you get the tingly feeling as the blood starts to rush back in and feeling comes back! So not quite right, and a bit annoying, but bearable! <sigh> Fingers crossed that it doesn't get any worse! sad

You must be on tenterhooks waiting for this baby to show up! Fingers crossed that it's quick and easy and no 'carving up' is needed!
(The surgeon present at DDs delivery was (according to DH) a tad disappointed that she didn't get to carve me up! They are a weird bunch!! wink )

Are you all ready for the impending arrival? Have you packed and repacked your bag 20times?

AmandaCooper Mon 18-Feb-13 22:00:15

Only a couple of times!

bebejones Fri 22-Feb-13 21:53:25

Happy Due date for tomorrow AC smile

AmandaCooper Sat 23-Feb-13 08:19:41

Thanks Bebe! I hope he's got a little calendar in there and is packing his bags cause I'm fed up of waiting! I was up in the night chucking up and feeling shocking so thought maybe something might be starting - but managed to get back to sleep and this morning everything's back to normal. Going to drag DH out on a long walk.

Did you decide what to do about the nurse? I hope you're feeling ok.

Quodlibet Sat 23-Feb-13 19:06:51

Just popping my head in to wish AC luck! I can't believe you are finally gonna have a baby - after all the waiting the gestating seems to have happened so fast!! Hope it all goes swimmingly.

AmandaCooper Sat 23-Feb-13 19:49:26

Hello lovely Quod! Hope everything is ok with you? Yes I'm just waiting nervously for it all to kick off. Got my bags packed and everything ready and waiting. I can hardly believe it!

bebejones Sat 23-Feb-13 20:33:36

Hurry up MiniCooper! grin
Fingers crossed he makes a prompt arrival, does he have a deadline before he is evicted?

Oh lovely Quod, how are you?? Hope you are ok xx

Haven't called the nurse...yet! Thursday leg seemed a bit better, but Friday evening and today it's been quite bad and painful, at times it's felt like my foot was on fire, it's really weird! sad DH has a horrendous week ahead, if I do end up ringing the nurse I would feel so awful telling him, he really doesn't need the added worry/stress!

I've been busy crocheting lately, had a request from a friend to make a monster hat which I finished yesterday and in about 2.5 hours today I knocked up a cute newborn hat with oversized Pom-poms. like this one (Hope link works...on iPad!) Also had some more requests enquiries from friends so I'm thinking I may be able to earn some petrol money at least! smile

AmandaCooper Sun 24-Feb-13 15:23:15

Hi Bebe no deadline at the moment but booked for a sweep on 1 March. A March birthday would be nice I suppose; it's very cold at the moment snowing yet again today. I don't know what I'll do if another two weeks go by with no sign of him - I always thought I'd resist induction but I'm already so anxious to get him delivered safe and sound.

Those pom pom hats are cute! You're very talented you know.

Quodlibet Sun 24-Feb-13 20:45:06

I am bearing up over here, the miscarriage grief is still affecting me quite badly if I am honest. On top of that we've been involved for the last month in trying to buy a flat - it's a repo so very stressful and fast, plus complicated legal issues, and I've had lots of doubts along the way about whether I am in a fit state to move! DP is craving the fresh start he things it will give us, but no matter how many times we go over it there isn't really a right answer about whether to press on or pull out. I've realised I have to give myself some recovery time so have put my phd on hold for a bit, so essentially part-time for a few weeks now, but I won't lie, it's a hard road at the moment.

Bebe I am sorry to hear about your foot - you mustn't ignore it, even if your DH is stressed.
AC I shall be excited for you all week - looking forward to some lovely news. Do you feel ready for it all?

AmandaCooper Sun 24-Feb-13 22:28:32

Of course it is still affecting you Quod; you have suffered a terrible loss and it will take time to process the grief. It sounds like you have a heck of a lot on your plate what with work projects, the house purchase, the phd. I hope you are going easy on yourself. I can see where DP is going wanting a new start in the new place but don't rush it if you're not ready.

I hope I don't keep you waiting for too long and that all the news is good. I'm getting very anxious now. I'm certainly ready not to be pregnant any longer but not sure I'm quite ready to be a mum - but it's a bit late now!

bebejones Tue 26-Feb-13 09:01:35

Wrote a long message and then it didn't post!! Typical!

Fingers crossed he doesn't keep you waiting too long AC!

Quod, of course you still feel wobbly. It was an awful situation and loss and you need to grieve that loss. <hugs>

My leg is not improving, have left a message for the nurse. sad Haven't told DH, his work situation is yet again dire, just as we thought things were on the up! He doesn't need the worry of this until I know what is going to happen and have some answers for him.

AmandaCooper Tue 26-Feb-13 11:12:03

Don't try to be too brave and soldier through it alone for too long Bebe. You need some RL emotional support, no matter how stressed and busy DH is. Could your mum go along with you to appointments perhaps?

bebejones Tue 26-Feb-13 14:17:58

Unfortunately my mum lives 2.5hrs away! sad It'll be fine, I'm waiting for the nurse to call back which could be today or Thursday so I will tell him after that!

How are you feeling?

AmandaCooper Tue 26-Feb-13 16:50:17

Fine thanks. I'm just off to yoga class hoping it will give him a nudge!

bebejones Tue 26-Feb-13 18:45:33

I started having contractions less than 12 hours after my sweep, so if yoga doesn't make him shift maybe that will?!

I have spoken to the nurse and have an appointment tomorrow lunch time at the hospital. Had to tell DH as nurse rang me back when he was home. Week goes from bad to worse as he's just told me he's not sure we can pay the mortgage on our house this month! Get seriously sick of all the crap that keeps raining down upon us! Plus I'm going to get the third degree from the nurse about not being on any disease modifying drugs while we aren't TTC! sad

AmandaCooper Tue 26-Feb-13 20:36:24

That's pretty shit news for you both then. What's happening with your rental property? Has the tenant signed up? Will you get some money in advance for the first month? Sorry Bebe you must be so worried. Xx

bebejones Tue 26-Feb-13 20:55:54

Tenants have signed, paid and officially move in on Friday! So that's one mortgage paid at least! When you are employed Feb is a great month, less time between pay days! When you are self employed its a crappy month, less time to earn the money!!

bebejones Tue 26-Feb-13 20:56:11

How was yoga?!

AmandaCooper Tue 26-Feb-13 23:09:24

Hooray for tenants - at least that is one problem less. Also good that you are getting some commissions for your homecraft business. Did you get any further with the cake and cupcake side of things?

Yoga was good and the baby was very active afterwards but he seems to have gone to sleep now. Just been watching the Vampire Diaries.

bebejones Wed 27-Feb-13 07:26:45

Come on MiniCooper!! Hurry up!! wink

Cakes etc going well but I'm stuck doing things for friends (and getting paid cost) until we can afford a new kitchen! (Which isn't going to happen any time soon!!)

Feeling really nervous about hospital appointment! sad

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 09:04:29

That's a shame. I suppose at least you are building up your portfolio but that's not much comfort. What time are you off to the hospital? <holds hand>

bebejones Wed 27-Feb-13 15:55:59

Have been to hospital, is definitely a relapse sad
Have managed to get oral steroids so I don't have to keep going back to hospital for IV, so that's something. Feeling pressured now into taking the medication again, have to go back in 6 weeks.

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 16:00:28

Oh dear Bebe it's as you feared then? Is it bad? What are the implications of taking the medication for TTC?

bebejones Wed 27-Feb-13 17:57:56

If I want to TTC I have to stop and have 3 months without it before we can try. It's a real PITA. If we hadn't had to wait 3 months last time we possibly might have a 2nd DC already sad 3 months was just enough time for things to go tits up financially! Just not sure what to do for the best! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now