To WIIT to whoohoo! 5th thread

(986 Posts)
100years Mon 16-Apr-12 16:17:11

Well what happens now? grin

Old thread

bebejones Wed 18-Apr-12 20:29:14

Reckon the Gruffalo would look fab with some bling on! grin

How exciting that TTC is also so close Harpie! Fingers firmly crossed that the FOF doesn't rear it's ugly head again!

Mini, how are you doing? Hope everything is going ok!

I have food remorse sad Just scoffed a load of Thorntons mini caramel shortcakes, they are sooooooooooooooo good, but I'm trying really hard not to think how many calories I just consumed. I really need to lose some weight again sad Have been off the exercise coz of the back problem & been a bit 'laid back' with my eating habits! Bit angry with myself, but finding it hard to get my head back in the game IYKWIM? Time to start getting in 'baby shape' in case DH has his long overdue MURCOM!

Quodlibet Wed 18-Apr-12 21:44:07

Harpie, that's really exciting! When will CD 1 be do you think? Does it mean that you get to have a low-pressure first cycle, getting used to the no-contraception headspin while youre on a great holiday? Starting to TTC on holiday would be a really nice way to ease in to it in my opinion.

minipie Thu 19-Apr-12 11:08:32

yes, when will CD1 be (and therefore when will POAS time be) harpie? <opens diary, licks pencil>

I agree that starting on holiday is a Good Thing. Perfect time to be having lots of sex without it being so obviously for baby making purposes, iyswim. And therefore less likely to scare off DH.

bebe I think eating what you want every now and then is good for the soul...

thanks for the enquiries about the bean. I am a bit worried tbh because I have very few symptoms (sore boobs seem to be going, no nausea, just tired). Also I had another tiny bleed a couple of days ago. Going for (another blush) early scan next Tuesday so hopefully will see a heartbeat then <crosses everything> and get reassured.

Quod how are you doing? how are you finding the ttcing... ?

100years Thu 19-Apr-12 12:33:02

Oh crap, I started the thread and haven't contributed anything to it since!

Woohoo for TBT coming very soon, I agree we need to know when CD1 is so we can cheer on at the appropriate (mid cycle) points smile

Mini, I hope all is ok, I know of people who only knew they were pg because of the lack of period, some people just get no symptoms at all (lucky beggars)

Bebe, just relax about the food thing, eating what you fancy every so often is good for you.

Another BFN for me this morning, still no AF, but grumpiness is winning over all else, so it could possibly be PMT I'm suffering from. Bums sad We'll see what happens

E is still not sleeping well, must have been co-incidence that I had a few good nights, just going to accept this is how it is, instead of hoping she will sleep, at least the. I won't be quite as disappointed if I'm up 4 or 5 times.

bebejones Thu 19-Apr-12 13:27:40

Mini - try not to fret (easier said than done), I had several friends who had no nausea at all! envy Also, other than a missed period I had no other symptoms at all (until the morning noon & night sickness hit at around 6-7 weeks) I never got sore boobs, and until I got sick I wasn't even that tired. <hugs> hope the scan is ok x

100 - sorry to hear you have had a crappy night sad But looking at your gorgeous girly smiling (seen the FB pics) must make up for it, a little bit!

I'd like to think it's just 'eating what I fancy' but unfortunately I'm not one of those people that can do that, sad if I even sniff chocolate or cake it seems to go straight on my thighs & belly!!! hmm

minipie Thu 19-Apr-12 13:49:54

aw thanks for the reassurance bebe and 100, much appreciated. <weeps a little> <notes "weepiness" as potential pg symptom> I am an olympic gold medallist when it comes to worrying, I know I should really just be patient and calm down!

100 sorry E is not a miracle sleeper (on the other hand, my mum always said it's the most interesting babies which don't sleep as well smile)

Quodlibet Fri 20-Apr-12 09:34:47

Minipie my sis had no nausea until about 8 weeks. I've also got several friends who had early bleeds and all fine, from what I understand it's really common. Hope you can stop worrying (easier said than done I know) and that the scan on Tues is reassuring.

We've put a hold on TTC for a couple of months until my mammoth work mountain is over. No TTC this cycle or next, and then I think we'll start back at it in June. TBH I'm quite liking having a break looking forward to NOT having a 2WW! I find it uses so much of my mental energy.

RIGHT I've got to get off MN - have to finish my chapter today, it's already overdue. I'll feel so much relief once it's done so time to knuckle down.

100years Fri 20-Apr-12 09:45:04

Bebe and mini, she more than makes up for the lack of sleep, I'm just a teeny bit frazzled with the need for a big chunk of sleep and not getting it. But it's all worth it. grin

Mini, the first 12 weeks are tough waiting and not knowing. Don't worry about worrying.

100years Fri 20-Apr-12 09:47:18

Yep 2ww sucks Quod! I'm still in mine!!! Only it's lasting a lot longer than 2 weeks. Good luck and get cracking on that work now. Oh and June will be here before you know it. Mores the pity for me(closer to the end of mat leave)

Strawberry I love the idea of a contract! It will have many appendices and very punitive breach provisions! I don't think DH accepts that he has ever reneged on a TTC commitment or made one for that matter, so the sitting him down plan won't work. The chanting might! grin

*Bebe I think we all know it definitely will. DH won't go willingly I just know it! Even after we agree in principle to TTC actually getting him to do it will be another matter. You could still pip me to the post if your DH has his MURCOM. I can't believe how long you and I have been having this conversation for now! We are like two lovely old stuck records!

DH and I have got the Myfitnesspal app and we've been tracking our calorie intake and exercise. It's really working for DH who's using it to lose weight. I'm sticking to a sensible number of calories but just aiming to eat healthy really. What with impending TTC and all...

Quod we almost never use contraception these days. If I were a bit younger and getting of wasn't so hit and miss we would probably have an accident eventually. Unfortunately I don't think we're good accident candidates. Not sure when CD1 will be, about 16 May maybe. Which is actually perfect timing from my POV. If you are taking a break until June we can be TTC buddies.

Quodlibet Fri 20-Apr-12 19:22:13

Hurrah for TTC buddies!
Surely the Shag Dictator will not be going on holiday though?
I have a feeling that June TTC will be no mean feat - DP is away such a lot over the next months. He's currently going to 7 different countries in the next 2 months (on top of near continuous traipsing all over the UK)! My borrowed whippet went home yesterday and the house feels really empty as a result sad

Mini I can well understand why you are so worried but you must have read as many threads as I have saying worried about spotting, light bleeding etc and it is almost always absolutely fine in fact I would go as far as to say it is a normal sign of early pg. Can't wait to see your scan photos after Tuesday - are you having dildo cam seeing as it is so early? grin

That's quite good timing in terms of your own commitments I suppose. Who is the shag dictator?!

100years sorry to hear about BFN. Still everything to play for though. How hopeful are you? Surely the only thing worse than 2ww is indefinitew. Maybe frazzled is a sign? grin

bebejones Fri 20-Apr-12 21:41:28

Well, today started well (DD got offered our 1st choice of school) but it steadily went downhill! She has been such hardwork today. I am feeling mentally & physically exhausted sad Toddlers are no walk in the park! (Or at least mine isn't!!) <sigh> It's no wonder our neighbours don't speak to us anymore! Going by the screaming & hysterical wailing at bedtime anyone would have thought I'd beat her senseless! In reality, she wanted DH to take her to the toilet & I took her instead = TOTAL MELTDOWN!! hmm

Harpie/Quod - Is the Shag dictator the persona monitor? Or have I misunderstood?

100 - Are you planning a retest at some point if AF doesn't show up?

I know I ought to do better 'personals' but my brain is feeling completely mushy! Shall try & be a better WIIT over the weekend. smile

Bebe I am just as puzzled as you re shag dictator. I guess must be Persona monitor as you say. Indeed it will not be vacationing with us!

Sounds like you had a hard day. Actually makes my day from hell sound easy! <rethinks breeding plans>

Quodlibet Fri 20-Apr-12 22:52:58

Yes sorry that is what I meant!

Oh dear Bebe, that does sound testing. I don't know where I am going to summon all the necessary patience from for that kind of parenting shenanigans...

bebejones Fri 20-Apr-12 23:07:07

Quod I have no patience when it comes to that kind of thing either! This might sound a bit gloaty but DD is very clever and it's very easy to forget that she's only 3! She can argue back in a semi rational fashion and you can mostly hold a very decent conversation with her. But unfortunately she is quite highly strung and...artistic hmm in temperament so when she gets it about her sometimes it's best to stand back and watch the fireworks from a safe distance until the 'display' is over! Tis none the less exhausting! And it's days like today when it's easy to understand why DH doesn't want another one!!

That all said, it's still a very rewarding experience!! grin

Do NOT let my drama queen put you off procreating! That goes for you too Harpie!! winkgrin

Morning Everyone! We're having a nice relaxing weekend here. Just been looking at houses on Rightmove. There's a house for sale near DH's soon-to-be-a-father mate which DH is keen to look at.

Only one more cycle of preventing to go, in order to get the mat pay. Must hold out till then. I should probably explain this to DH...

bebejones Sun 22-Apr-12 11:15:09

Very nice, I want that kitchen!!!! envy

We just had a drive by. It looks quite small but about what you'd expect for the price. Going for a look round next week.

12 days to go to TBT!!! Sorry shameless I know but I'm so excited grin. Right off to work!

Quodlibet Mon 23-Apr-12 11:24:26

It is DP's release day today! Hurrah! It feels a bit like a birthday - well, we have been waiting over 2 years for this thing to be born. I am very very proud of him.

Harpie 12 days?! Whoohoo! PS I am well jels that £220k gets you detached 4 bedrooms - we'd be lucky to get 2 bed ex council high rise for that here in London. It's insane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now