I was making a sock monkey and it went wrong, so so wrong...

(136 Posts)
tabulahrasa Fri 23-Dec-11 19:47:30

I'm not an arty crafty person, so I expected it to be a bit wrong, but this takes it to a whole other level of wrongness.

It's for my 10 yr old nephew's Christmas confused I thought I'd finished it last night (bar the eyes), until I picked it up and looked at it.

Like I said, I'm not good at this stuff, but my nephew had asked me to make it after I'd made one at a class, for his birthday in September - I didn't have time and bless him he never even asked what had happened to it, so I thought, I'll do it for Christmas.

So, um, behold... The worst sock monkey ever blush

themidwife Fri 26-Jul-13 08:02:49

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Onesleeptillwembley Sun 21-Jul-13 22:36:24

Loving the cock monkey! grin

IncogKNEEto Sun 21-Jul-13 22:21:45

This has got to be one of the funniest threads I've read on MN (and this is second time round as I remember reading it when it started....did Tabula's DN ever get his 'unique' gift?) grin

QOD Sun 21-Jul-13 22:06:27

Linked from the funniest moment thread and I think the funniest post ever

Ranelaghmammy Thu 02-Feb-12 22:03:50

Oh how I laughed, thank you. You clearly have very special skills.

Jackstini Mon 09-Jan-12 21:07:32

Hilarious - bless you Tab.
Didn't think I could laugh any more after this - until I ready Sparkles 'hairy holly cocks' story. Did the teacher not realise??!!

iscream Sat 07-Jan-12 21:09:32

That is the best monkey ever!
Chenille is much softer than wool. Never saw a non grey work sock one before.
Move the tail and sew some trousers on him?

It could be quite challenging writing a business plan when you went to the bank manager for a loan, though.....

ninedragons Sat 07-Jan-12 11:44:47

You could make quite a little business, selling mutant and obscene soft toys to bored women on the internet.

tabulahrasa Sat 07-Jan-12 11:06:16

Rofl, he's got no eyes because once I realised what I'd done I didn't sew them on...

I can't keep him sad

My sister thought he was hilarious too and we decided to show DN him and I'd tell him him I'd make a new one for him - he smiled at it, looked at us giggling away in that are you insane? Way that only children can manage... And said, can you not fix it?

I felt bad for him, so I said yes.

Though actually thinking about it, I might just lie and say it didn't work (blush)

ninedragons Sat 07-Jan-12 05:14:24

I want to win it. PLEASE raffle it!

I love the lack of eyes. Evidently generations of nuns were right, playing with yourself WILL make you go blind.

Yay4may Fri 06-Jan-12 21:53:07

Posts like this is why I LOOOOOVE Mumsnet. Thanks!

CokeFan Fri 06-Jan-12 17:59:55

DH has suggested an alternative name... King Dong.

katieblue32 Fri 06-Jan-12 16:44:53

Love this! I also found via the round up email and laughed so much I woke my 6wo ds! Not sure he appreciated it as much as I did.... smile

dutchyoriginal Fri 06-Jan-12 16:24:28

So what did DN get in the end? smile

ImpatientOne Fri 06-Jan-12 15:49:10

That is brilliant and cheered me up on this miserable day at home with a chest infection. The laughing has not helped the cough though - but it was worth it! grin

pixiestix Fri 06-Jan-12 15:30:17

Beautiful! grin

IslaDoit Fri 06-Jan-12 14:37:53

I missed this first time round. Hilarious grin

BoffinMum Fri 06-Jan-12 13:35:26

Oh.My.Actual.God.

I think you have just won the MN Village Show handicrafts section.

You've made my day, anyway. grin ROFL grin grin

dreamygirl Fri 06-Jan-12 13:32:28

I have just come across this via the roundup email and laughed till I cried when I saw the picture. Thank you for cheering me up on this grey and glum day.

thell Fri 06-Jan-12 13:24:09

He's even got pubes!!!!

<falls over laughing>

MinnieBar Fri 06-Jan-12 13:10:30

So good I've added it to the MN Pinterest board

kitbit Fri 06-Jan-12 12:35:11

Please can I have the pattern?

<nonchalant>

empirestateofmind Sat 24-Dec-11 15:50:50

hahahahaha OP grin.

Gracie123 Sat 24-Dec-11 15:08:26

This is amazing! I was just considering making some tiny sock monkeys out of DSs baby socks for nieces - I'm definitely going to make a cock monkey for their parents too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now