Child modelling

(8 Posts)
Rebeccakw Mon 18-Oct-10 19:22:15

Hi all,

I'm keen to contact a few London modelling agencies to see if they're interested in my ds. Aware that there are loads out there, some more reputable than others! confused

Also, I saw a thread with the following abbreviations - can anyone let me know which agencies these are: TS,KL,AK,BK,U/A,B&B,MOT,ES,RASCALS and SW

Sorry to ask a common question: I've seen a couple of other threads on this issue, but conscious that things change in the modelling world and would like to ensure that I have the most up to date info!

Many thanks

NattyCats Fri 29-Oct-10 18:51:32

Hi

My son Lewis got accepted for Elisabeth Smith & Kitsch Kids today - does anyone have any experience with these agencies? KK have said they are sole agency so I wouldn't want to sign my son up with them if they didn't offer him any work ever, and I've read that ES are a very reputable organisation, but they was £175 up front plus photoshoot costs.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Natasha

Firawla Sat 30-Oct-10 22:35:39

TS,- truly scrumptious
KL, - kids london
AK, - alphabet kids
BK, - bizzy kidz
U/A,-urban angels
B&B, - bruce and brown
MOT - thats just the name not short for nething
ES - elizabeth smith
RASCALS - just the name
SW - scallywags

nobodysghoul Sat 30-Oct-10 22:38:08

A friend of mine has her 2 ds's with Urban Angels and they have a lot of work through them..next, mothercare, and lots more.

DD1 was asked to join truly scrumptious and they said they will be intouch, just waiting now

MollieO Sat 30-Oct-10 22:44:36

Ds was with Elizabeth Smith but got no work at all. Urban Angels wanted to sign him but we'd already signed with ES. I used to call ES periodically but absolutely nothing. Complete waste of money ime.

twirlymum Sat 30-Oct-10 23:02:57

DD was with Norrie Carr for a few years. She had a lot of work, excellent jobs such as Next, Nick Jr, Babies r Us, Dorling Kindersley.

NattyCats Sat 30-Oct-10 23:22:24

Having been tirelessly researching this over the last few days, I've decided against Elisabeth Smith - they used to be "hot" back in the day, but I have seen SO many posts by people saying that they just don't get any work from them.

The cream that always seems to rise to the top are:

Urban Angels
Bonnie & Betty
Bruce & Brown
Norrie Carr
Rascals
Kids London

I'd like to find out more about the following so I can either scrub them out or add them to the list above, will update if I find out any more but grateful for input from those who have experience:

Kitsch Kids
Bizzy Kidz (heard a lot of mixed reviews)
Tuesdays Child
Alphabet Kids
Truly Scrumptious

The following agencies are the "DO NOT TOUCH THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE" agencies:

Baby Models UK
Models Direct
Shock Talent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now