Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Petite maternity wear

(5 Posts)
Masuma89 Sat 26-Nov-16 11:30:13

Hi

I'm 4 foot 10
Really struggle with maternity wear.

I am a size 6 trouser (usually- not showing off, in just incredibly short)
And I'm happy to roll up or sew up the bottoms of trousers. But I can't seem to find any my size instore or online. I still have no bum and my legs haven't put on weight. I just need a bigger waist. Particularly for work. At the moment I sit at my desk with unbuttoned trousers.

I'm ok with tops as at the moment my bump is small but I'm hopping I just wear stretchy or oversized tops

Any suggestions please

INeedNewShoes Sat 26-Nov-16 11:37:08

I can imagine that you are struggling to find maternity clothes!

I'm struggling too but for different reasons (big boobs which most maternity clothes don't seem to cater for).

I would suggest that you look at French brands. French women are skinnier than us on average so the clothes are available in smaller sizes. Also French clothes haven't fallen into the vanity-sizing abyss yet so a size 34 should be a real size 6. Or you might find that real size 36 fits you if you're a modern-day UK size 6.

justinelibertine Sat 26-Nov-16 11:41:05

I am a six but a bit taller at 5"3, I didn't bother with maternity clothes and managed to fit in all my old tops until aboout 30 weeks then just bought bigger normal sizes. For trousers I wore size 8 leggings from Asos. I think you could try that but it depends whether you want the waist above or below your bump.

MrsJW15 Mon 28-Nov-16 14:56:16

I'm 5"1 and a similar size and it's tricky! Try Dorothy Perkins, I got a good pair of trousers from there. Asos do some stuff in Petite, and Topshop do some of their jeans in shorter leg lengths.

You could look at Next or Seraphine. I haven't got anything from either yet.

unlimiteddilutingjuice Mon 28-Nov-16 15:07:17

I'm going to make my usual recommendation of stretchy skirts from Primark.
Not the maternity range- just their normal stretchy skirts, in a slightly larger waist size than you usually take.
They look great and rarely cost more than a tenner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now