Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Help freezing baby - Isle of Wight - sleeping bag with sleeved

(20 Posts)
Babasaclover Wed 12-Oct-16 06:27:27

Help please!

We are on holiday in the Isle of Wight where the temperature has dropped. My baby girls arms are freezing at night!

I have a long sleeved bodysuit and sleepsuit on and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag but her arms are like ice.

Went on Argos and mothercare websites as here are both shops on the island but can't find any long sleeved sleeping bags. Anyone know where to get one on the island? TIA!

Mrscog Wed 12-Oct-16 06:29:06

As long as their body is warm and it's not waking up it's fine for them to have very cold arms - DSes used to get like blocks of cold meat! Sleepsuits with scratch mits to fold over might help.

LapinR0se Wed 12-Oct-16 06:30:13

Or a cotton cardigan?

HobnailsandTaffeta Wed 12-Oct-16 06:32:31

Don't accidentally overheat her in a bid to get warm arms mine we're always freezing in those bags even when their bodies were toasty warm. Check the back of the neck.

Shadowridge Wed 12-Oct-16 06:32:57

Cardigans are your friend here. I found the best were the traditional knitted ones- like grannys make as they stretch. Try the charity shops.

FrameyMcFrame Wed 12-Oct-16 06:35:27

This is why I stopped using sleeping bags and went back to sheets and blankets then duvets at the appropriate time. I couldn't be comfortable with freezing arms, so how come babies are?

Mablethorpe Wed 12-Oct-16 06:40:35

I second checking the back of their necks. That's what the midwife always told me...

angelopal Wed 12-Oct-16 06:44:53

We got some vests with padded arms for this same thing. Think they were from the gro bag company so not sure where stocks them as it was a year or so ago we had them.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Wed 12-Oct-16 06:49:23

You can buy padded sleepsuits to use in place of a sleeping bag. But as others have said it's about core temperature

NicknameUsed Wed 12-Oct-16 07:00:40

DD used to wear little cardigans over her sleepsuit.

welshweasel Wed 12-Oct-16 07:02:54

Mine has freezing arms too but the rest of him is toasty. Doesn't seem to bother him. He's in a long sleeved babygrow and and 2.5 tog, heating not on yet.

dementedpixie Wed 12-Oct-16 07:05:29

Sleeved bags aren't supposed to be used for sleeping in which is maybe why they aren't easy to get hold of. Add a Cardigan if really necessary

pinkpantsrock Wed 12-Oct-16 07:06:29

jojomama bebe do padded sleep suits, they 2.5tog and have detachable arms www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sleep-snugglers-2-5-tog-b7186.html?gclid=CLXD-sTM1M8CFU6eGwodoRUCGw

daisiesinherfootsteps Wed 12-Oct-16 07:19:43

Not much help for this week as I doubt they'd deliver on time but for future the NL chain Hema do lots of bags with detachable sleeves www.hemashop.com/gb/shop/babies-and-kids/baby-clothing/nightwear/baby-girls-sleeping-bag-(33383520). They have a few stores in UK now and also deliver.

HarleyQuinzel Wed 12-Oct-16 07:23:41

Little mittens or socks on her hands? Our heating broke for a while in Jan this year and that's what I did.

But yeah I second checking her neck or chest. If she is really warm there then I wouldn't bother. My HV always told me not to judge temperature by hands or feet.

icklekid Wed 12-Oct-16 07:28:15

These are the gro suits with thicker sleeves
gro.co.uk/product/gro-suit/

SummerSazz Wed 12-Oct-16 07:33:03

Dd's room used to go down to 13/14 degrees the depths of winter and she only had sleeveless sleeping bags. Are you camping as that's the only way I'd imagine temps v low?

We used to use back of neck temp as a check too and always toasty warm.

Superdinocharge Wed 12-Oct-16 07:37:40

Add a cardigan and put socks over her hands and forearms. I ditched the sleeping bags as my daughter was never warm enough and would always wake freezing! Also I felt guilty being wrapped up in my 15 tog duvet am deathly thick pjs,whilst she was freezing I. Her 2.5 tog sleeveless bag!

PrimalLass Wed 12-Oct-16 07:40:58

We had a freezing cold house and I used to dress my babies in a fleece sleep suit under their sleeping bags.

plimsolls Wed 12-Oct-16 07:47:20

Agree with advice above re:cardigans and checking body temp, but if you need stuff, you can always order things online for next day delivery.

The Tesco in Ryde has big clothing department. M&S in Newport.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now