Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

daughters iPad

(2 Posts)
cantcope2016 Fri 01-Jul-16 18:13:20

So my daughter is 4 and I got her an iPad 13 months ago. She loves her iPad. Anyway the screen cracked a while ago so straight away I took it to the Apple Store as the iPad still had several months of warranty so i wanted to get a legit screen repair done to keep my warranty validated. Anyway they charged me £149 for a straight swap to a new replacement device. At first I wasn't impressed that they didn't offer just the screen repair which could have Been cheaper, they offer this with iPhones so why not iPad. Anyway since having this iPad, the other day my daughter went to play with it and the screen was blank wouldn't charge and wouldn't turn on. It's not been damaged and is in perfect condition so I think its bad how an iPad less than two years old can just break. I took it to the Apple Store and they said they can't do nothing to help unless I pay another £149 to fix it because I'm one month over warranty. This isn't my fault and by law a product should last at least 2 years. Is this fair for them to to not help me.

SoloD Tue 26-Jul-16 07:50:36

Just to be clear,you paid £149 to get the new IPad?

In that case, ask their the manager, you must have been dealing with a staff member who did not know the rules.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now