Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Smelly Birkenstocks!

(6 Posts)
intrusivethoughts Fri 24-Jun-16 16:05:04

Just that really, wearing last years pair and was hoping they'd last the summer but they are starting to pong a bit.

Any ideas to freshen them up?

intrusivethoughts Sat 25-Jun-16 08:40:20

Invisibility is great! Think I'll stay a lurker smile

PolaroidsFromTheBeyond Sat 25-Jun-16 08:43:47

I have the same problem so did a MN search. Several posters suggested putting them in the washing machine. I was a bit dubious, but honestly, they were so smelly I couldn't wear them without causing offence so decided it was worth a try. I put them in a pillowcase on a gentle wash and they came up a treat. They do need to be dried out thoroughly because of the cork so I put them outside on a sunny day which did the trick.

CodyKing Sat 25-Jun-16 08:44:59

Tea tree oil! Great for trainers as well

PolaroidsFromTheBeyond Sat 25-Jun-16 08:45:53

Here's a link to the Zombie thread I found if you're interested: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1774286-How-do-i-stop-my-Birkenstocks-smelling

intrusivethoughts Sat 25-Jun-16 10:59:04

Thank you very much for your replies, I will try the tea tree oil first. Last ones were ruined in water so a bit wary and will wash as a last resort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now