Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

"Man Bag" recommendation please

(8 Posts)
Cabawill Thu 30-Apr-15 15:13:22

As I'm fed up of being laden down with a near suitcase sized handbag to fit everything into when we go out on family days, I wondered if anyone had seen a bag my DH could lug about.

I've suggested lots in a rucksack type style as I thought they'd be the best and easier to carry, he's not keen. I don't think a satchel style would fit much in though?

Our children are 4 and 6 and I tend to have to carry: wipes, hand sanitiser, at least 2 packs of tissues, inhaler, brush and bobbles, 2 bottles of water and a snack so it would need to fit these in.

Any ideas?

Momagain1 Thu 30-Apr-15 19:43:03

I cant imagine what besides a rucksack would be remotely acceptable.

Safari vest, with many pockets?

Runners waist belt, with many specially designed gadgetty bottles.

Hikers waist belt (think HUGE fanny pack!)

I think you need to choose a back pack. Divide the goods on days yu need to, and expect him to deal with it.

Momagain1 Thu 30-Apr-15 19:43:55

Alternativeely, get the DC some small backpacks to carry their own drinks, spare jacket, hair stuff and some tissues.

lavendersun Thu 30-Apr-15 19:48:23

This helps to spread the load here - very good man bag for when a rucksack is not the right sort of bag.

www.allycapellino.co.uk/multi-satchel-navy

CrispyFern Thu 30-Apr-15 19:51:08

DH has a Manhatten Portage shoulder bag from TK Maxx. That's nice.

AtiaoftheJulii Thu 30-Apr-15 19:52:52

Crumpler do lots of manly bags.

Cabawill Thu 30-Apr-15 22:21:55

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Will have a good look at the links and in TK Maxx too. If not I think small backpacks will be the way forward

lavendersun Fri 01-May-15 07:40:23

DH has had Crumpler bags in the past - very good, and Timbuk2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now