Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

What Samsung galaxy phone to get

(15 Posts)
daisydee43 Sat 07-Jun-14 20:15:01

Hi

Next week my iphone contract ends grin thank god. Hate iphone now - loved iphone 3 but 4 and 5 are rubbish and break constantly and dh is currently gluing his back together.

Really want to try a samsung galaxy phone but heard mixed reviews, the contracts are cheaper too. Don't do gaming or apps really or even music just use internet and tomtom app, camera and obviously text/phone calls. Quite like FaceTime

80sMum Sat 07-Jun-14 20:19:16

If you are happy to have a really big phone, then the Note 3 is the best one.

Nymeria01 Sat 07-Jun-14 20:25:22

The s4, its great for the internet. So fast, faster than my laptop. The screen is brilliant too. Also very hard wearing, I have had mine for 8 months now and it still looks new, without me keeping it in a case or a screen protector. I cant comment on the s5.

Percephone Sat 07-Jun-14 20:37:19

I have the Note 3 (upgraded from S2). It's brilliant being able to Mumsnet on its giant screen. grin

Seriously though, if you use the internet a lot I'd get the Note 3.

daisydee43 Sat 07-Jun-14 21:17:36

Yes really want the note 3 but it's £39.99 a month, is the s4 mini as good as s4?

Percephone Sat 07-Jun-14 21:46:49

No the S4 is better. I thought the mini was a bit too small.

daisydee43 Sat 07-Jun-14 21:55:49

Ok - what data is enough? 2gb sounds too small?

justkeepplodding Sat 07-Jun-14 21:59:17

I've just got the S5 and I love it. For one the battery life is really good. Lots of other good points too. I upgraded from the S3 but before that had the iPhone 4. Definitely prefer samsung/android.

Kaekae Sat 07-Jun-14 22:01:45

I have a S4 and before that the S3, I chose them over the iPhone because the camera on them is fantastic and so much better than the iPhone. Since I have my phone on me at all times it is useful to be able to capture my children on a half decent camera phone. The screen in amazing too. However.....after three months of having my new S4 it did an automatic update and died on me!! I lost 41 videos of my children as my drop box was full and samsung wiped my phone during repair! sad Apart from that I would recommend!

DearGirl Sat 07-Jun-14 22:02:43

I had the s2 now have the s4 - I love it. My friend has the s3 mini and I can't get on with it.

daisydee43 Sat 07-Jun-14 22:17:36

How do you back them up then - only smartphone I've had is iphonehmm

VivaLeBeaver Sat 07-Jun-14 22:22:08

I've got an s4 mini and find it big enough. Its as big as my old s2.

Do a comparison between the two as the smaller one has some plus points like I think the battery is a bit better, but the processor is a bit slower.

Percephone Sat 07-Jun-14 22:32:54

2GB is loads of data. How much do you use now? Unless you're watching a lot of videos then 500mb is enough for general surfing.

I use Dropbox for backing up and it's good, but you get a free allowance then have to pay. I know Samsung do give extra Dropbox space with their phones sometimes.

threepiecesuite Sat 07-Jun-14 22:41:49

I have an S5 and I think it's fantastic. Very robust phone. I pay £37.99 a month on EE.

2kidsintow Sat 07-Jun-14 22:49:53

The S4 is too big for my hand. But the specs on the S3 are better than the S4 mini.

Phone arena has a good comparison page where it lists the 2 side by side and lets you compare by different features

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now