Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

High Sleeper/Study Bunks

(7 Posts)
whatithink Wed 18-Sep-13 12:59:21

I want to get my DS a high sleeper with a desk underneath, and preferable a futon as well.

The Stompa Casa one would be ideal but they are just so expensive.

Just wondered if anyone has found anything similar but cheaper? and also for those who do have the Stompa beds are they really worth the money?

Thank you

tywysogesgymraeg Wed 18-Sep-13 13:06:11

Think carefully - bunk beds are a nightmare! Including those with desks, sofa's etc underneath.

They are difficult to make, difficult to tend to a sick child in the middle of the night, difficult to get to a child having a nightmare, difficult for reading bed time stories, difficult if child needs a wee in the middle of the night.

We didn't keep ours very long!

tywysogesgymraeg Wed 18-Sep-13 13:06:45

"sofa's" blush - how embarasing! "sofas" of course.

southernbelle79 Mon 14-Oct-13 22:44:30

I was thinking about buying one but tywy ur comment makes sense and has out me right off getting sadone

familyoffour12 Tue 15-Oct-13 11:12:07

look in eBay if you what a good solid bed. I sold my Thunks beds on ebay. you just have to be patient they will come up and it well worth the wait!!

smokinaces Tue 15-Oct-13 11:15:06

We have high sleepers from Argos with desks and wardrobes underneath, for a seven and a five year old. They are ace. Pita to put together but solid and wonderful beds. No issues here with anything mentioned above, ds1 had been on a top bunk for three years anyway. They are great space savers and good beds.

We have bunks. They are a total bastard if the top one has a vomiting child in. Otherwise, brilliant.

I now make any poorly child sleep on the bottom bunk whenever possible smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now