Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Changing mat with straps

(8 Posts)
Mikeejf Sun 15-Sep-13 14:32:25

hi,

I took my son swimming for the first time last week and when it came to drying and getting changed to come home, it was a nightmare. Holding my 1 year old while trying to dry myself etc.

Is there a changing mat or travel fold up chair with straps that is available so I can dry and change my son and then safely sit him while I get changed?

Many Thanks

Mike

YoniBottsBumgina Sun 15-Sep-13 14:35:44

Don't they have playpens in the changing rooms at your swimming pool? They've always had them in the ones I've been to. Sometimes in the cubicle they have a little car seat thing stuck to the wall as well that you can put them in.

Can he stand up yet? If so I would dry him and leave him in just a nappy while you get changed, then dry him again if needed and dress ASAP. Easier if you are in a cubicle as they can't run off (try family changing if they don't have cubicles in the men's)

Bert2e Sun 15-Sep-13 14:38:24

Pushchair!

volley Sun 15-Sep-13 15:02:25

This mat has been brilliant for my escape artists, but it's rather large to cart about to places......

www.dooyoo.co.uk/baby-bath/rabbitts-safety-harness-changing-mat/

Mikeejf Sun 15-Sep-13 15:18:08

Thanks all.

Yes family changing but not very safe changing area/seat (no straps).

He can just stand but slippy floor etc...

Pushchair a good idea but won't fit in locker.

Am I being too fussy!!

Mike

pizzaqueen Sun 15-Sep-13 15:31:21

not heard of such a thing to buy but there's a few options for you (I've done all of the below as taken my son swimming weekly since he was 3 months):

- take a clean dry towel and sit him in the floor with a couple of toys and a snack
- lay him on change table and quickly get yourself ready
- take your infant carrier seat and strap him into that
- now my ds is 2 its easiest to wrap him in a towel (poncho kind) amd give him a snack get myself ready first then him
- use play pens or toddler seats
- sit him on the bench and give him something to eat ir play with

it gets easier the more often you go and you get a system going of what works for you.

ToddleWaddle Sun 15-Sep-13 15:35:28

Give him a snack when changed and that should keep him occupied and out if mischief.

Mikeejf Sun 15-Sep-13 16:26:20

Thanks all. Might go with a pram and risk nobody nicks it!

Mike

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now