Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Name Labels - Review

(5 Posts)
countrymummy13 Sat 10-Aug-13 08:08:04

Hi MNers

My 3yo starts school this term and I searched high and low for some nice looking iron-on labels.

I went for Tinyme as I was impressed with the lovely designs.

But... I am not at all pleased. And as the Tinyme website doesn't seem to have a review function, I thought I'd let you know on here.

1. Print quality is not of a professional standard. I handle a lot of print in my line of work, and this looks like a home job.

2. Labels themselves are very easy to burn. I burnt the first one when ironing for the max recommended time of 20 secs

3. Very difficult to get time of ironing needed right. Not enough and it lifts at the corners, too much and the label melts to the point of distorting the print.

4. Ink transfered on to the parchment paper when ironing, then back on to the next label

5. Needs a very hot iron for a long time so not suitable for anything other than 100% cotton - so not very good for coats

6. Is now permanent on my lo beautiful school uniform sad Perhaps iron-on is generally a flawed idea.

Anyone else had better success (with Tinyme or others).

MrsWeasley Sat 10-Aug-13 15:06:37

I was looking at Easy2name but have no first hand experience, as I have always previously used sew in one.

countrymummy13 Sat 10-Aug-13 21:07:09

Well, I think maybe sew-in might be a better idea. Some of my new labels look a right mess, and they're permanent!! sad

countrymummy13 Sat 10-Aug-13 21:07:54

I guess that'll teach me for worrying about how name labels look!

familyoffour12 Tue 15-Oct-13 11:07:46

i use the "iron on" ones, they are great. I just typed in "name labels" on ebay and found loads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now