Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Playpens - ugly and fabric or beauteous and wooden?

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsSuz Wed 24-Jul-13 08:52:30

I'm looking for a playpen to stick my 10mo in while I'm in the shower and whatnot. I want something foldable as we don't have a lot of space so can't have it up all the time. I've found a couple I'm trying to decide between (price isn't really too much of a factor as I'm willing to pay a bit more to get a decent one, this is DC1 so whatever we get will be used for the next one too) but one is hideous but seems really popular and I'm wondering whether that's because it's really fantastic?

So this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindam-4437301-Fabric-Playpen/dp/B0012GFR3Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1374646290&sr=8-2&keywords=playpen

or this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clippasafe-Natural-Wood-Play-Pen/dp/B005HV5CQO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_by_2

They both fold, though I imagine the blue one folds a bit smaller, I much prefer the wooden one but I don't want to make the mistake of buying something attractive if it's not such a good product. I did this with our gorgeous baby gym, which wasn't nearly as interesting to him as his friends' cheaper and brighter ones.

MyNameIsSuz Wed 24-Jul-13 08:53:04
missesjellybean Wed 24-Jul-13 08:58:17

beware of the wooden ones I spent a small fortune on a wooden one...and all the wooden slats started to fall out after a few months it also snapped at the bottom where the sections connect.

I returned it as I'd spent about £200 on it and looked for other wooden ones most of the reviews I read for any wooden one said that the slats had come out and they'd had bits of the connectors at the bottom snapping off...in the end I went for a much cheaper material one which worked a lot better (but didn't look as nice lol)

if you're going to get a wooden one review it as much as possible first (and don't lose your receipt)

PearlyWhites Wed 24-Jul-13 08:59:31

I would avoid wooden , your baby may bang their head, also you can't use it as a travel cot on trips.

MyNameIsSuz Wed 24-Jul-13 09:02:53

Thanks so much - this is exactly what I was worried about! I'll have a scout around and see if there's any room down the back of the sofa to hide a horrible one grin

pingulingo Wed 24-Jul-13 09:04:41

Ugly and fabric - I've just replaced my nice looking playpen with a fabric travel cot - it's smaller, on wheels so can be moved and put in quieter room when DC2 naps, and used as a travel cot when we go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now