Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

What's the best bike seat for a baby please??

(8 Posts)
surfingbabies Sat 20-Jul-13 12:34:56

I have a 6 month DD and I'm wanting to get on my bike, what's the best seat for her? Thankssmile

millimat Sun 21-Jul-13 08:45:47

Both my dcs were great in the rear seat - the first one was a make called Hamas, and the second one was decathlons own. Some of them can recline slightly for younger children. They can be used until around age 3 - 4 depending on their size. Mine lived them. Hth x

surfingbabies Mon 22-Jul-13 20:41:48

Thanks so much, I shall google them and see what I can find smile

JoulesM Mon 22-Jul-13 20:44:33

Think you might mean Hamax? We have one and our 2 year old loves it, reclines (not that she would sleep in her excitement!!)

LemonBreeland Mon 22-Jul-13 21:01:00

I don't think any seats are suitable for a 6 month old. Most are for 12 months plus. They need to have strong enough neck muscles.

surfingbabies Thu 25-Jul-13 06:49:16

Thanks........I've spent loads of time on google and I think your right LemonBreeland I can't even use my trailer......it's not the size of the baby it is the neck muscles so I'll wait till next summer as she's only just 6 months smile

LemonBreeland Thu 25-Jul-13 10:51:28

You can get bike trailers that you can put your car seat into. They may be worth looking at.

surfingbabies Thu 25-Jul-13 14:57:29

They tend to get thrown around in a trailer so not sure I'd be happy with that when they are so young but I will have a look & see what age I could use it from smile thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now