Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Newborn & Dr Brown bottles.. HELP!!

(4 Posts)
scarlet5tyger Sat 04-May-13 10:29:22

I'm a foster carer and have used Dr Brown bottles for numerous babies. I always use number 2 teats for newborns as level 1 of any brand are just too slow. Baby gets frustrated and often falls asleep before they're actually full, then wakes more often to feed again.

Your baby might have been sick as he'd taken more milk than usual, or could be just coincidence. (Just noticed date of thread, hopefully he's getting on fine with them now!)

Moodymoth Fri 12-Apr-13 16:47:38

I used level 2 teats for all 3 of my newborns (advised by midwife). All of the babies got on fine with them.

DialMforMummy Fri 12-Apr-13 16:14:37

I used the Avent teats with these bottles. Level 2 teats would flow too quickly for my DC.

Tinkerbell43 Fri 12-Apr-13 07:51:14

My DS is a week old and when he feeds he gulps down so much air so decided to try Dr Brown bottles.. He seems to take in a lot less air with these however he was quite sick after his feed & I realised that the teats supplied are level 2 and states on the website that level 2 is for 2months+ and I can't buy level 1 anywhere even in the Dr Brown newborn pack the bottles come with level 2 teats.. Does this mean that level 2 teats are ok to use with a newborn and the fact he was sick just coincidental?
Any advice would be appreciated! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now