Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Oil for babies

(10 Posts)
VidH Tue 02-Apr-13 15:03:00

I was given some organic sunflower oil at a baby massage class but need to find sOme more-does anyone know if the oils at supermarkets are suitable or if there is a brand that is good for young babies and without anything too harsh! Thanks!

elQuintoConyo Tue 02-Apr-13 15:06:45

We use almond oil, it's wonderful stuff! I'm in Spain, though, so not sure of UK brands or if it's available/recommended. Does that help at all? (Probably not!)

balia Tue 02-Apr-13 15:08:03

I used to use coconut oil - got it from our local chemist, really good value and as you warm it in your hands to get it to a liquid, always the right temp.

I use organic virgin coconut oil on DS and it's lovely, sorted out his cradle cap too. You should get it in the world foods section, it's solid white stuff in a jar. I've used plain old olive oil and jojoba oil too. Try holland and barrett if you like but they can be pricey. Amazon is good for buying oils toosmile

Summer115 Sun 07-Apr-13 08:51:30

organic sunflower oil has no harm to baby?

not that I'm aware of summer...for topical use only of course! smile

smuffin Tue 09-Apr-13 11:39:54

Holland and Barrett were my go to place but they have become so pricey. I have now started using a brand called Pure Body Butters.

I got it from a friend at my NCT meeting who was raving on about them and it's excellent for my little ones dry skin plus my husbands scaly hands! Eugh!

Gorjuss Tue 09-Apr-13 11:45:15

At my sure start baby massage they used sunflower oil. Their motto was if its good enough to eat then it's good enough for skin.

Sheshelob Tue 09-Apr-13 11:46:25

I third Coconut oil. Does wonders for nappy rash. And makes baby smell like a piña colada!

forbetterorworsted Tue 09-Apr-13 11:52:14

I order safflower (not sunflower!) oil online. It's the only oil with zero tendency to block pores or cause irritation. I used almond oil before I read that and DS would get really clogged pores!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now