Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). It's not for buying and selling other products. If you do want to buy or sell, use our For Sale/Wanted board, which has its very own Other items section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

What has happened to reusing old baby equipment?

(3 Posts)
Milliemay80 Tue 19-Mar-13 12:06:34

I thought I was being good making sure after my son I packed everything in the loft carefully to reuse in the future.
I now have a baby girl and I have found it really hard to get replacement parts for mamas and papas things. First it was the cot. I had lost one of the fittings (perhaps I wasn't as careful as I thought!). Then I noticed the highchair cushion inside was ripped. Could I get replacements from mamas and papas? No. My son is only 4 so I'm not talking very old things.
It is really frustrating. I don't want to spend money on new things but can't even find another make of cushion that will fit the 5 point harness this highchair has or the fixture I need for the cot.
Any tips from anyone else trying to reuse older things?

To be honest, I'd probably just duct tape over the highchair cushion rip. Or you could make/get someone to make a new cover for the old cushion.

We've not had particular issues -- we passed DS's old buggy onto SIL and she got a couple of replacement bits for that with no problem.

scarlet5tyger Sat 04-May-13 10:32:09

I'm having the same problem with Mothercare - a tiny part of my cot has broken and they've told me I'll just have to replace the whole thing! It's a tiny catch for the drop down side that probably costs a couple of pounds to make, if that!

I'm sure it's to force you to spend more money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now