Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). It's not for buying and selling other products. If you do want to buy or sell, use our For Sale/Wanted board, which has its very own Other items section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Flanellette sheets as mattress protector?

(1 Post)
atrcts Sun 03-Mar-13 00:11:05

I have read a couple of articles about being able to use a flannel sheet as a mattress protector underneath a fitted cotton sheet. Obviously not for waterproof protection, but for stains/dirt etc.

Someone has suggested this as a remedy for memory foam protection so that a waterproof or thick quilted mattress protector won't prevent the foam moulding properly as it is too thick.

I had a memory foam mattress that came with its own zip in washable cover, which wasn't waterproof but was an amazing protection for 7-8 years (no longer have the mattress as it was for a small bed and now I have a kingside). The cover was flannel type brushed fabric but probably a bit thicker than flannelette sheets.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now