Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

Child first mobile phone

(3 Posts)
noisytoys Fri 15-Feb-13 21:31:22

I worry about the phones with games and apps because of the news stories about massive bills because of hidden in-game upgrades hmm

youmaycallmeSSP Fri 15-Feb-13 21:29:43

I would get a pay as you go phone without a camera or Internet access.

I had this one for a couple of years and it was excellent. I have now joined the dark side and have an iPhone but that, or something as close to it as possible, it what my DC will get as their first phone.

SimonVicky Fri 15-Feb-13 13:11:36

Hi Mums/Dads,

Being parents of 8 and 10 year old boys, we are having a bit of a dilemma regarding what kind of phone it get our children. We'd like to be able to contact them as they are at a age where they do have some freedoms, but we feel that they are not ready to have a contract phone yet. Obviously with all the hype about standard mobile phones having dangerous levels of radiation, and coupled with the problem of letting your child lose with a contract phone its all a bit confusing. Is there a basic kids mobile that eradicates both these issues? Have you purchased one if one exists or just give in a get a standard phone? What do you think about mobiles and children? Any advice would be great, as i'm sure its a bit of a taboo subject.

Many thanks

Simon and Vicky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now