Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). It's not for buying and selling other products. If you do want to buy or sell, use our For Sale/Wanted board, which has its very own Other items section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

If we can buy only one thing for four month all, what's best? A walker, a Dumbo seat or Bjorn Babysitter?

(9 Posts)
Mum8 Sun 03-Feb-13 11:34:12

Thank you for all tips. We have a playgym and she loves it but not for a long time.
We know you do not need to buy much, but it is very hard on parents trying to find ways to entertain little ones especially now that she's awake more.

Thank you for advice on walker, did not know myself they are not good for babies. A jumperoo is very expensive so we are between the Bumbo (yes that what I meant to write ;-)) and the Babybjorn babysitter.

megandraper Sun 03-Feb-13 09:39:21

Do you actually need any of them? To be honest, I wouldn't waste my money on any of those, unless there was a specific need I had that I thought they would meet. A 4 month old doesn't need much!

MaybeAMayBaby Sun 03-Feb-13 09:24:44

Mine loved her bumbo and it was really useful. She loved to be in it when we were eating etc and perfect for weaning her a bit later. Not every baby is a fan though.

I did also have a cheap walker blush. She also loved that. I think it was the new found freedom! I didn't know they weren't suppose to be good for them-she walked early (11 months) but crawled late (9-10 months).

Favourite toy and cheap was a door bouncer. Similar to concept of jumperoo. Again, it's something you shouldn't keep them in too long, but she adored that.

mammmamia Sun 03-Feb-13 09:17:12

Do you mean a Bumbo?
I think the bjorn babysitter is fantastic.

justabigdisco Sun 03-Feb-13 09:03:18

Another vote for jumperoo! Second hand, much cheaper.

cheddarcheeselover Sun 03-Feb-13 09:00:55

a playgym thing? get yourself to a charity shop/look on gumtree/ebay thre's always baby stuff going for not much money. Don't buy these things new!

ohmeohmy Sun 03-Feb-13 08:59:13

Do not get a walker, they Are not good for them as they make them walk without weight bearing and it is not good ask any physio. Also dangerous. Stupid things that should be banned. Something to sit in is helpful, especially as they start to eat.

SJisontheway Sun 03-Feb-13 08:58:21

A jumperoo? I know its not on your list but they are fab for that age. Expensive, but you can pick them up second hand, and they are built like tanks so you can sell it again when finished

Mum8 Sun 03-Feb-13 08:53:29

Hello,
If we can buy only one thing for four month girl, what's best? A walker, a Dumbo seat or Bjorn Babysitter?

We are on tight budget so probably will not be buying anything else for her for another four months...

Thanks for any advice you may have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now