Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). It's not for buying and selling other products. If you do want to buy or sell, use our For Sale/Wanted board, which has its very own Other items section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nursing chairs for a small nursery

(12 Posts)
mrscog Sat 02-Feb-13 11:17:34

Again can't recommend one as we didn't use one. You don't really need one at all - I'm not trying to be funny - if you'd like one then that's lovely but I'd hate for you to think it's a necessity when it's likely to be one of the least used pieces of furniture in your house! When I was bf, I was either lying in bed, or on the sofa as watching lots of TV (or Ipading) is the only way to get through the hours and hours of feeding!

turningitaround Sat 02-Feb-13 11:14:25

I had an expensive feeding chair for dd1, which I loved, but unfortunately it disappeared when we briefly put some furniture in storage hmm. For dd2 and ds1 I've used an IKEA rocker, which I love too (much cheaper and much nicer to look at to boot), but its downstairs in the living room. When I feed upstairs, I do it lying down in bed. Always.

I've always breastfed leaning on a pillow, sitting on the floor, back against the cot (when not feeding in bed!). It's fine, honestly.

RubyrooUK Sat 02-Feb-13 07:54:19

Ps. Sorry, read that back and it sounds a bit like I disagree with the idea of a feeding chair! Didn't mean to be dismissive. Was just trying to save you money. Sorry - lack of sleep......smile

RubyrooUK Sat 02-Feb-13 07:52:23

I never had a feeding chair or knew anyone who did.

If it's for a newborn, it is recommended to have them in your room for six months so you can feed in bed. So it's unnecessary.

Then if you still want one, you can buy a chair later when you know how your child feeds. My son was a real thrasher so I would have worried about him hitting his head off chair arms/back etc.

If it's for an older baby moving out of your room, I'd just use a normal chair with cushion.

Sorry that isn't much help. If you really want one, hope you find one you like!

Inclusionist Sat 02-Feb-13 07:45:49

I had/have a Poang chair from IKEA. I found it really comfortable for feeding and it can be used anywhere in the house when you no longer need a feeding chair.

I still use ours for bedtime cuddles and stories though. I think it is great.

PoppyWearer Sat 02-Feb-13 07:43:54

I never had one. A v-cushion or long bolster pillow that you can use to support you is more important, and can be used in bed or on the sofa.

Honestly, you don't need it.

If you really want one, find an Ikea Poang chair on eBay or buy one second-hand as you will kick yourself if you buy a new one and never use it!

fuckwittery Sat 02-Feb-13 07:35:54

although i have just inherited an antique nursing chair like this one much smaller but doesn't look v comfy!

I still use a bloody uncomfy Ikea chair...no fancy chair needed IMO

fuckwittery Sat 02-Feb-13 07:20:01

they are def not a necessity if you have a small room! just put any comfy chair in there with a v shaped pillow and lots of cushions?

flubba Sat 02-Feb-13 07:15:36

I can't recommend a non-big one as they're all big, but in all honesty, I hardly ever used mine so wouldn't consider it a necessity.

Munstee Fri 01-Feb-13 21:55:20

Hi all,

We're in the process of kitting out our nursery for our first LO. We're tight on space, but would really like (in fact more like really need!) a feeding/nursing chair.

Can anyone recommend one that isn't huge, and ideally doesn't cost a fortune?!?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now