Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). If you do want to buy or sell, use our For sale section.

What to get a mother in law! Must be small to go back in suitcase.

(4 Posts)
bigbelle Sat 15-Dec-12 09:17:49

I can't win. Often I get her gifts which she re-gifts back to me years later or simply says 'so sorry, but I just can't use this & hate for it to go to waste. maybe you can use it'.

Having said all that, I really like her- maybe she's just 'very practical'. Any ideas?

Hopengloooooooooooooooria Sat 15-Dec-12 09:21:16

Well if you are going to get it back in a few months buy something that you would like grin

BRANdishingMistletoe Sat 15-Dec-12 09:38:49

I don't buy for my in-laws, I let DH do his family and I do mine after an 'incident' one year. hmm

However, I have found an ideal present for 'difficult' people, I buy them a Christmas ornament. I usually buy a Newbridge Silver one, but lots of other posh companies do them like Wedgewood, Waterford Crystal and Beleek. Buy one that you really like because it might end up hanging on your tree.

bigbelle Sat 15-Dec-12 09:42:31

Great ideas! Love buying something I will like. I tried that- bought a dusty blue pashmina- one of the few things I did NOT get back! tee hehe...
Maybe I put DH on the case...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now