Note: This topic is for discussing other products (that don't have their own sub-topic). It's not for buying and selling other products. If you do want to buy or sell, use our For Sale/Wanted board, which has its very own Other items section. If you see buying and selling in this topic, please feel free to report it. Thanks, MNHQ.

Lumie alarm clocks - anyone have one or know about them?

(15 Posts)
Mynewmoniker Fri 14-Dec-12 16:11:54

Hey! Good choice. That's the one I've got Grand.... Now where's that instruction book....

TheGrandPooBah Fri 14-Dec-12 11:02:12

This one, £89.95 from Amazon. If it's cheaper elsewhere, DON'T TELL ME - I don't want to know! grin

www.amazon.co.uk/Lumie-Bodyclock-Active-Advanced-Options/dp/B004C1FOOU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355482774&sr=8-1

I will be reporting back after Christmas - note to self, act surprised - as to its fabulousness or otherwise. Watch this space ...

Mynewmoniker Thu 13-Dec-12 17:01:36

Which one did you decide to have Grand...?

TheGrandPooBah Wed 12-Dec-12 22:30:59

Just bought one from Amazon - I'm very excited!

(I really have to get out more ...)

Mynewmoniker Wed 12-Dec-12 19:12:51

I've recently bought one (£99ish from Boots online) and quite like it. It has a changeable time for sunrise and sunset, 15 minutes, 30 minutes etc. and different sounds to wake up to...not too realistic and the birdsong is repetative, but then it gets me awake and that's what it's for. It's like daylight in my bedroom!

Instructions are a bit difficult to understand but when it works it's a lovely way to wake up! I plan to read the instructions properly now I've familliarised myself with the buttons.

ChunkyPickle Wed 12-Dec-12 19:08:36

I have one, just a simple sunrise/sunset thing (and evil beeping alarm I never use). I don't need it right now, so it's just being used as a very expensive bedside light, but when I'm working it's the best way to wake up in winter and a purchase I have never regretted.

Mine just takes little screw-in bulbs (I think technically it should be daylight simulation ones, but normal ones are fine). I just got an LED one for it which was a miserable failure as it doesn't dim in a smooth enough manner to work. I wouldn't have to replace the bulbs any more often than any other light, but DS is fascinated by it and his rough handling makes them blow.

bigbuttons Wed 12-Dec-12 19:04:02

I replaced my bulb with a bog standard light bulb. I must say though in all the years i've had it I've only had to change the bulb once.

Entreprenizzle Tue 11-Dec-12 23:25:53

I read in one of the reviews that you can't replace the bulb and that once the bulb has gone, the unit has gone - is that true?

bigbuttons Tue 11-Dec-12 22:57:30

I've also had one for years, couldn't be without one now. in winter it makes a huge difference, just waking up gently as the light gets brighter, no more being shocked awake by an alarm! I chose the radio option, but I could also have waves, fogs, birds etc.

HilaryM Tue 11-Dec-12 22:54:44

I've had one for years; I really love it.

They don't make the model I have any more - I think it was mid range
www.amazon.co.uk/Bodyclock-Sunray-Sunrise-Natural-symptoms/dp/B000WE57X4

TheGrandPooBah Tue 11-Dec-12 22:52:31

Thanks Itinerant. I've heard really good things about them!

itinerant Mon 10-Dec-12 23:19:42

I have the one with the sleep and wake cycle (body clock 100?) - its fab and comes out every year when the clocks change. I wake up more calmly and more easily when I have it. They are expensive though and I had one before that (I think) had a radio? Which broke when I bumped it accidentally (build quality is a bit cheap for the price). Says a lot that I bought a new one the following year!

TheGrandPooBah Mon 10-Dec-12 22:53:13

Bump

NotMostPeople Sun 09-Dec-12 23:09:41

No but I'd like one too so am marking my place.

TheGrandPooBah Sun 09-Dec-12 23:08:44

I really like the sound of the Lumie alarm clocks, but I'm not sure which one would be best to get. Any advice? Anyone have one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now